Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

need lots of help now.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 05:40 PM
1troy7
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need lots of help now.....

Well, I took it out, and filled it. I got it started. Then I sat back and enjoyed the sound. The first tank went by, I let it cool down. Looking forwart to the second tank, and alittle driving. I started it again, walked back to my chair, and gave it some gas, to which is did nothing... I then walked over, thinking mabe I had set the brakes to much. I let out all the tension till there was none. Then I gave it gas again, went alittle, then it stopped. So, I thought i would start it one more time. I pulled the starter, and watched as my tank, cracked right on the side, motor still ran, as fuel is pooring out.[X(]

So, what do you think is wrong? I know the clutch is right. The shoes are the right way, and the springs are in the right locations, holding the shoes to the middle. So, why won't it go? Any ideas would be nice. lol. Now, i have to wait to get a new tank........
Old 07-24-2005, 07:47 PM
parris001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need lots of help now.....

More than likely dude, it's the tank. You've got a lean condition on your hands with the busted fuel tank so it's not going to run right. I've busted a million of the ".21 tanks" so make sure to upgrade to the .25 tank. You lose the fuel primer but the tank is made a little different and are a bit more robust.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:19 PM
RON F

What is it? Is the transmitter on?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:14 AM
David236

Is the spur gear slipping?? That slipper Clutch is usually the culprit. Almost everyone had this same problem when they first ran there truck. Tighten the slipper all the way until spring bottoms then back off 1/8 turn. Ignore setup in manual
Old 07-25-2005, 07:28 PM
1troy7
My Feedback: (28)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info, I will try the slipper clutch thing, that sounds right.