Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

How to configure and made work a Twin

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

How to configure and made work a Twin

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Opcod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to configure and made work a Twin

Hi

I'm doing a DO-335 push-pull , a Don Smith kit of 98 inch. I'm doing it in Electric with 2 big AXI motor.
So i whant to know how to control it.

Does i need 2 port on the receiver for the 2 engine, or it's the same one that will drive the two ?

Right now i have 2 set of JR XF421. Does i need to got a new one, like a 7 ch. Or i can make flyable with 2 receiver and operate with two remote ?
Like for the second : Flap, second motor and gear.

Many thank
Old 07-29-2005, 05:28 AM
forestroke

Default RE: How to configure and made work a Twin

since the motors are aligned axially, for the control you can use a y-harness to connect both brushless controllers to one slot of the rx. but you do need two brushless controllers.

can't help you on using two tx's but i hear that for very large scale planes they do use it. but if you want my opinion, i'd say keep both throttles on one tx using the y-harness. retract, flaps, nav lights can go in the other.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:54 PM
twinman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: How to configure and made work a Twin

While I am glad to have your questions on this unique twin, you might want to go to the forum for converting gas to electric and find some real experts on this conversion.
Good Luck and send pic's.
Twinman