Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

Dare Design's (Pat Trittle's) B-17

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Dare Design's (Pat Trittle's) B-17

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 08:36 AM
dgfisher2004
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dare Design's (Pat Trittle's) B-17

I just ordered my Dare B-17 kit. I'm real pumped about it. I've wanted to build a B-17 since I started in the hobby. I don't think I've ever relly posted here before but use these forums as a bible for other planes I've built. Everyone here helped me build an awsome A-10 and C-47, even if you don't know it. So thanks and now the B-17.

I've read great things about Pat helping people over phone and email and got some very lengthly and helpful letters back from Dare Designs about the kit. I was considering scratch building from don smith plans but went with Pat's kit instead.
I plan to use 4 geared 480 long cans with 3 blade props and lipos (I'm a lipo maniac, just love 'em). I have a Futaba 7CAP radio and want to use retracts, flaps and bomb bay. I shooting for a very realistic scale model.
I gotta get to work so my question is, has anyone built this kit? I found a couple threads on it and videos but not much. There was one guy that had photos of the build but stopped updating the site half way through. That site was great.
If anyone has heard of any tips or problems with the kit or power plants please let me know. This is a big project for me and any help would be great. Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Garrett
Old 05-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dare Design's (Pat Trittle's) B-17

How about a pointer to a web site. Would like to see what you're talking about.
Edwin
Old 05-14-2005, 07:34 AM
dgfisher2004

Sure,
http://www.darehobby.com/airplane-electric-02.htm
Fifth from the top off the Dare site.

http://www.darehobby.com/modelers-images-01.htm
Scroll to the bottom

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29185.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	271154  
Old 08-01-2005, 07:25 PM
dgfisher2004

Well I'm well into the project and it has turned into much more than I ever imaged. I've createda a photo step-by-step instruction for building it. The website has had over 16,000 hits in the last month. Who would have thought?

There are now also custom 60 deg. Retractable landing gear conversion kits available. They are $79.99 and include 2 60 deg. retracts, lite-ply rib mounts, lite-ply mount plate, lite-ply rib and shear web reinforcement and all required hardware. The kits could also be used in similiar applications. Since yesterday when they went up I've sold 4 kits, so there is only 2 left. After that I will have build the kits as they are ordered unless I receive more than 2 orders a week. There are also many building tools for sale super cheap.

The website:
www.dareb-17flyingfortress.urbanmonkey.net

There is also a link to the website and build thread on the Dare Designs homepage.

Thanks for all the support!!