Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Suggests for new engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 07:24 AM
Upsidedwn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggests for new engine

I recently acquired a four cylinder, four stoke Pegasus engine from O.S. but its only the 240 model (2.43 cu in). Any suggestions for an aircraft where I can show this beauty off? I already have a 1/4 scale cub all tricked out and really don't need a 1/3 scale upsized version. Anybody got any neat observations for a 1/3 scale model? Cheers, Tom.
Old 10-22-2002, 02:43 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

hmm.... I'm wondering how that would power a GiantAeromaster bipe?? Or even one of the newer GreatPlanes PittsSpecials ARF's. A Ryan or Spacewalker comes to mind also. Depends on how "scale" you want to get too. For some reason though, when I think about the Pegasus, a bit of "nostalgia" comes to mind, hence, the above planes.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:38 AM
Upsidedwn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plane suggestions for Pegasus 240

Thanks for the idea's, I have a 1/3 scale Pitts, the old Pilot model and don't want to go that way again, but did give it some thought. Is the 1/3 Spacewalker a good flyer, because that's as important as pure scale. Any other unusual planes that I should consider. Cheers, Ttom
Old 10-22-2002, 10:29 AM
kevin mcgrath
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sig 1/3 Spacewalker flies like a dream,and landings and takeoffs are dead easy and totally scale like.Your four cyl OS is a natural for it and is a relativley common matchup for scale and realism.I have a Quadra 38 cc gasser in mine and this is a lovely combination too.
There is an unfortunate tendency to overpower this model but your engine and my installation will give the full range of aerobatics with power to spare.The real plane is after all a homebuilt cruiser and not particularly rated for performance with its large thick wing.
The only problem with this kit is that its been done to death since the kit is a good one and priced right,and since there arent many other color schemes available if you want to go the true scale route.The Sig yellow and red is certainly attractive and with the size of the model stands out at any field.All above IMO.