Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Calling U.S. BMT owners

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Calling U.S. BMT owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calling U.S. BMT owners

My BMT 120 KS arrived a couple of days ago, and I hope to work my way through the manual and test-run this puppy this week.

In case there's anything I don't understand by the time I'm done reading, are there any of you BMT owners out there who would be willing to answer questions by PM, email, or phone ? I know Andre is always willing to help out, but given the time-zone differences as well as the fact that I'd prefer not to bug him constantly, it would be handy to have some "local-ish" people that I could ping if need be.

As an example of the kind of questions I may need answers to - I have two sets of data cables - one long and one short beige cable, and the same sizes in black - what's the difference between the black & the beige ? I may well find the answer in the manual once I read it in more detail, but from the quick "skim" I did so far I haven't found the answer yet.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon

P.S. If anyone who doesn't have a BMT is interested in seeing pics, etc. to get an idea what the engine is like and how it differs from other turbines, just lemme know and I'll post some.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:53 AM
BMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Calling U.S. BMT owners

Hi Gordon,
I know I know.. The manual is a bit long winded and boring... I hope to have a "QUICK Start" preamble soon.
The cables are interchangeable but you will notice that 2 of them are 10 way and one 8 way. The 8 way one goes between TCU and Engine and the long 10 way one from TCU to GSU. The shorter 10 way one is to connect between the TCU and the optional "REMOTE LED" Adapter. Since this adapter can also charge your RX NiCd the 2 extra wires are used for sensing the Nicad voltage of the RX pack at the charging plug, to get a better result when doing peak detect.

Since our customs had us drain all fuel from the system, you may want to run the "PUMP TEST" in the menu and run fuel through the system 30 seconds or so. This will almost garrantee an immediate lightup for your very first start.
Just for kicks set the pump as slow as it can go and try and stop the pump motor shaft with your fingernail to cause drag. Even better, as the engine idles, try the same thing. You can also introduce a restriction or a change of fuel "HEAD" at idle and see if the idle changes.....

Now try this with any other engine..........

Cheers
Andre
Old 08-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Andre !

A quick-start reference might be nice, but don't worry about the manual being so long - I think it's great that it lists every single error condition the GSU may report, along with the appropriate fix for each. Very handy.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:47 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Gordon, sent you a PM. JS
Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Joey Tamez and myself have experience with them. I own 2. Never really needed any help with them until recently I when I fried an ecu, owner induced!!!
call or email anytime.
Scott
Old 08-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Johnny Isaiah Woods
My Feedback: (81)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Andre,
I have sent several emails and PM about the return of my engine.
Please email me direct:
[email protected]

Thanks

Johnny Woods
Old 08-11-2005, 10:23 AM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gordon,

Mines an older 80 and not a KS to boot, but I'd be glad to PM you my numbers if you need any help with anything I can help you with.