Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Fuel pump for OS 160 FX

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 08:13 PM
TiGuy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump for OS 160 FX

Maybe I posted this on the wrong forum...My apologies if its considered spamming multiple forums

I Need advice on a fuel pump for my H9 1/4 scale Cap with a 160 FX. I am mounting the tank back from the firewall with the rear of the tank flush with the rear servo rail, which puts the tank about 6" back from the normal position. Will a Perry oscillating pump or the regulating pump (the one driven by crankcase pressure) work better. I don't mind the extra plumbing of the regulator...I want the best solution for consistency and performance. I have never used a pump before, so any advice would be appreciated.
Old 01-10-2002, 04:50 AM
mindcloud

I have same setup, tank back, i went w/ the oscillating pump, it works great, but it makes it hard to sent the needle, high end gets turned in nearly all the way, it also tends to load up a bit at idle, but it never dies
Old 01-11-2002, 05:22 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pump

I'm using the regulator pump. No problems with the mixture. The engine runs clean and sweet throughout the rev range.

My understanding is that the regulator pump is preferred for two strokes. The oscilating pump was designed for four strokes because they don't have sufficient crankcase pressure to run the regulator.

Mindcloud: Try reducing the volume on your pump. See the instructions for how to do that.

Jim
Old 01-11-2002, 11:34 PM
Sky_pilot_one

Default os 160 and pump

I tried a Cline on mine and took it off. Too much pressure in tank, high needle almost closed, poor transition. My throttle response went from instant to get going already.
Had the same problem with Jett muffler. Did not want to run properly.
Old 01-16-2002, 12:07 AM
mindcloud

thanks for the tip jrf, but it already is turned all the way in, if you have any other ideas please shoot them my way i would appreciate it thx again m8