Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:37 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone else have this problem?

a couple of my buddies have been having trouble breaking the shock right by the exhaust header. must be on hard tail landings the shock tower flex's and pushes the shock into the header, they have had it happen a couple times a piece. just wondering if this happen to alot of people.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:58 PM
s-maxx-basher

Default RE: anyone else have this problem?

do you have any piuctures of where its breaking? i doubt its from hitting the exhaust.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:23 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

no i dont have pics but its crushing the shock body.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Buzzbait

I had problems with my Savage 4.6, where the header was pressing against the shock and melting it. I ended up grinding down the TVP where it meets the header. This gave me more clearance between the header and shock.

You could also use a zip tie around the exhaust coupler, and run it through the TVP. This should help keep the header from moving on you.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:12 AM
gerwen

Just saw it happen at the track on Friday. A guy's shock shaft got melted by the header.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:45 PM
youie

ORIGINAL: proxpilot

a couple of my buddies have been having trouble breaking the shock right by the exhaust header. must be on hard tail landings the shock tower flex's and pushes the shock into the header, they have had it happen a couple times a piece. just wondering if this happen to alot of people.
Yeah, is sure does happen. Fortunately for me, the screw which supports the top part of the shock was the main contact point in my case and the header suffered repeated dents and eventually i had to replace it. I am thicking of cable tying hard foam between the point of contact and to overcome the problem of heat generated by the header, you can buy heat resistant cloth from a plumbers merchants and it can withstand heat upto 600 degrees celcius. It is 10 inches X 6 inches and cost around £5.