Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

water cooling

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

water cooling

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 10:42 PM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water cooling

I have a 49 inch stryker hull with a CC racing engines pro mod G26 motor in the hull have a water pickup in the rudder that did not cool it so I installed a pump that did not cool it either put another water pick up in front of the studder and teed it in to the cooling system and you guessed it it still runs too hot you can run it about 6 or 7 laps then I can tell it is getting hot it start to lose some power so I bring it in very quickly so I dont damagethe motor does anyone out there know what I can do to fix this problem
Old 09-11-2005, 12:57 AM
lzvagias

Default RE: water cooling

are you sure that your mixture is not set too lean? i know that some of these water pickups in rudders and struts can be a bit too small but adding another pickup should have fixed it. in my very humble opinion it sounds like she's tuned too lean and when the motor heats up to running temp it becomes way to lean and starts losing high end revs. just a thought.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:58 AM
bebopin64
My Feedback: (2)

make sure that you have as little water line as possible for more efficient cooling, make sure theres no blockage or leaking, and make sure your not running too lean.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:21 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

If your needles aren't too lean you can also drill out all your water fittings and even make the inlet holes in the rudder larger to take in more water. Also make sure you are using the largest inside diameter water line you can find. I have even seen some guys use the large black automotive windsheild washer line for cooling. While you want to keep the engine from overheating you also want to keep it running at its operating temp.....so too cool is not real good either.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
SLICK1G3
My Feedback: (10)

how do you know its too hot ??if you can touch the water jacket with out burning ur fingers then its just a carb adjustment probly ..have you ever done a drive by to see if the water outlet is spitting water ??try tapering the inlet holes or inlarging like raydee sugjested
Old 09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
vsop

ORIGINAL: gasfreak

I installed a pump that did not cool it either

First, if you do not have a clutch then you can get rid of the pump, its not needed and will do nothing.
Next do like others have said and take the boat and drive it by you so that you can see the water outlets.
If water is not spitting out of it in a stream then the issue has to do with water flow/pickup not the mixture.
If you have water spitting out then its most likely a tuning issue.