Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Superstar Select on Floats?

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Superstar Select on Floats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
JonMatula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superstar Select on Floats?

Hello I am new to the R/C plane community. Roughly 3 years ago I bought a Hobbico Super Star select when I was living in California. I did research and bought it because I thought that it was a good RTF beginner aircraft. While living in California I never had got a chance to go out to a airfeild beause the drive was so long and yada yada. So this plane has never been flown or run. I have recently moved to South Carolina and now live on Lake Murray.

I thought maybe it would be possible to buy a float kit and put it on the plane so I could use it on the lake. Would any of you have any advice as to what modifications I would have to make to this plane and also what I would have to do to make it able to fly off water like waterproofing etc. Remember I am new at this. Thankyou for all help possible.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Piper J-3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Superstar Select on Floats?

Jon, you do have a nice flying trainer. Go to falcon-trading.com, this will give you a start on what you will need. You can check this
forum for other companys and foam floats also. Your plane will fly great on floats. E-mail me direct if you would like and I will be
glad to help you as much as I can.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:50 PM
JimCasey
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, your plane will fly well with floats. Most trainers do, as long as the floats are fitted properly.

However YOU MUST GET SOMEONE TO TEACH YOU HOW TO FLY.
Even (especially) if you have a 1:1 scale pilots license, sitting on the outside without instruments is not an easy way to fly. Having left and right reversed when the plane is coming at you (half of the time) is something that is uncomfortable for some, and it takes a while before your mind switches over and starts working as it it's in the aircraft.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:24 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As Jim says: Get some one that knows how to fly RC to help you, it will make the venture more enjoyable, less stresfull, less EXPENSIVE and a super hobby. Believe us it's not as easy as it sometimes looks and flying off water first with no help could ruin a very good thing. ENJOY !!! RED