Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Superman is now Spiderman

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Superman is now Spiderman

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
midwestpilot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superman is now Spiderman

Hey guys....spread the word...Tim Redelman has just launched a new Jet event called Spiderman! to be held in Winamac Indiana. This is to help out the folks who were going to do the Superman Event that has been cancelled do to the new FAA regs about using full size airports for model events.

Tim has been a big supporter of the jets and is putting on a new event - Spiderman- on the same weekend that Superman was on.

Lots of runway and lots of grass...plenty of room for vendors and pilots and spectators!!!

Us superheros stick together!!!

Ok that was corny I know!!

Rich Erikson
Old 09-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Aero65
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Superman is now Spiderman

Great News!

Thanks Tim and gang. I just got the word from Eric, Airpac / Skymaster gang will attend Spiderman it's only 2.5 hours away from where we are staying so it is great for us. I look forward to seeing some of our friends there.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Tim Redelman
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The club here in Winamac is one of the best group of guys that you could ask for. I mentioned to them that the Superman Jet meet may be canceled and asked them if they were willing to put on an event the same week. They were excited to help! I also said that this would be a SUBSTITUTION for the Superman Event if it didn't make it. I don't really mean it as a replacement though I'm sure some may look at it as that. I only wanted to give the guys who took vacation time or who set aside time for Superman a great place to fly and the only restrictions are to be safe and have a great time. Ralph Braun's factory is 1/2 a mile away and anyone needing to ship a crate or airplane box of whatever sort could be assured that it will be handled with the utmost care. Jerry's place was centrally located and the perfect spot for many years of ground braking jet flying. The first turbines, the Gobblin and a 737 just to name a few I personally saw with my own eyes! I wouldn't have missed it for the world! And I am sorry for the loss of this spectacular meet! I understand The Georgia Jets Gang will handle the replacement venue but I wish to offer a second consideration. Our field is one of the best in the country and worth a look. The magic of Superman may be gone or just headed to Georgia I don't know but I am just making an offer. I am considering weather I should do this or not so help me with my decision. I'll put a post up to better clarify our intentions soon. So far thanks for your support!

Tim.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:38 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tim Redelman
I am considering weather I should do this or not so help me with my decision.
YES, YES, YES - please do it.
A lot of us in the Chicago area would love Winamac filling the void.

Scott Adams
Old 09-14-2005, 11:33 PM
bigdom
My Feedback: (5)

Tim,
There were 2 car loads of pilots leaving for Supermab Friday morning and staying through Saturday. We were going just watch the other pilots. Now with the unfortunate changes from the FAA we can come to Winnamac and Fly all three days. It would also be nice to spend time with BV and meet the guys from jet cat that way I would be able to put a face behind all the turbines that I have purchased.

I can't wait

Big Dom
Old 09-15-2005, 11:01 AM
kelly vallee

Can we get more info on Hotel and address of the field so we can plans are way down there?
Old 09-15-2005, 11:08 AM
rcav8tr

Hi Kelly

Here's the Winamac Website: www.pwrtc.com/~marvin

Ed