Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

will 3pk work with Novak XXtra Synthesized FM 75Mhz receiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

will 3pk work with Novak XXtra Synthesized FM 75Mhz receiver

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will 3pk work with Novak XXtra Synthesized FM 75Mhz receiver

title says it all, i', about to buy a nitro bike and it comes with it, and want to know will it work?
Old 06-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

Default RE: will 3pk work with Novak XXtra Synthesized FM 75Mhz receiver

bump...anyone
Old 06-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my T3PK with a Novak XXL receiver (Tamiya F201 F1), so I really don't know why it wouldn't work with a the synthesized version as long as it was set to the same channel frequency, i.e. 78 Tx crystal & 78 Rx setting. I've also used my JR XS3 with another JR receiver besides the JR RS300 (crystalless receiver) and it worked fine as long as the channels matched. However, it is my understanding that Novak's crystalless transmitter module is for the Airtronics M8.

Here is the link to the Novak site. I would simply search around it to be sure and verify that it will work. There is also a question and answer section on the web site as well as tech information.

http://www.teamnovak.com
Old 06-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

thanks a lot
Old 07-16-2004, 05:51 AM
marctroy
My Feedback: (2)

Yes, I used them with my 75mHz Futaba 3PK (which I'll be selling) and they worked flawlessly (they were also 75mHz). Tigger N. Bennie is right when he (or she) says: "However, it is my understanding that Novak's crystalless transmitter module is for the Airtronics M8." I just bought an Airtronics M8 and I ended up with an additional XXtra...
Old 09-18-2005, 02:23 AM
SeattleG

When you used your T3PK with the Novak XXtra Synthesized FM receiver, did you set the modulation for PPM or PCM? The T3Pk comes defaulting to PCM, but there is nothing in the instruction set for the Novak XXtra Synthesized FM receiver to give you a clue to which modulation resolution setting to use when you program the T3PK.

I am also curious why you switched from the T3PK to and M8.

The T3PK seems to me to have more potential programmability. In particular, the T3PK seems to have more interesting channel mixing options, (I have an Xfactor 2 with a reverse gear and four wheel steering to enable, (this is a trick truck not a racing truck), I needed some proportional control of the front/rear steering mix (4 wheel steering works best if you can use less or no rear steering as speed increases)
The T3PK seemed, as a result of all the programming options more capable even if more complex to program. I am just beginning to explore and test run all the steering programming options, so I expect to learn a lot as I try running different schemes.

A lot of people have told me they picked the M8 because it was easier/faster to set up what they wanted. When I probed further, they always were looking for a fairly narrow set of features, they wanted to race a fairly normal car with 2 wheel steering and most interesting, only a few actually used a third channel. It was the ease of programming good racing setupsfor all their cars that made the M8 just right.

My needs are pretty complex and out of the ordinary. When I read the M8 manual I just could not figure out any way to do what I wanted. The T3PK was still a three channel radio, but it did look like it offered the most programming control flexibility of any three channel radio. I looked briefly at the M11 also, and the fourth channel was intriguing, but it still seemed a little less flexible for out of the ordinary stuff. It is pocssible I missed something, I did not look as closely at the M11 as I did at the M8.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:26 AM
SeattleG

When you used your T3PK with the Novak XXtra Synthesized FM receiver, did you set the modulation for PPM or PCM? The T3Pk comes defaulting to PCM, but there is nothing in the instruction set for the Novak XXtra Synthesized FM receiver to give you a clue to which modulation resolution setting to use when you program the T3PK.

I am also curious why you switched from the T3PK to and M8.

The T3PK seems to me to have more potential programmability. In particular, the T3PK seems to have more interesting channel mixing options, (I have an Xfactor 2 with a reverse gear and four wheel steering to enable, (this is a trick truck not a racing truck), I needed some proportional control of the front/rear steering mix (4 wheel steering works best if you can use less or no rear steering as speed increases)
The T3PK seemed, as a result of all the programming options more capable even if more complex to program. I am just beginning to explore and test run all the steering programming options, so I expect to learn a lot as I try running different schemes.

A lot of people have told me they picked the M8 because it was easier/faster to set up what they wanted. When I probed further, they always were looking for a fairly narrow set of features, they wanted to race a fairly normal car with 2 wheel steering and most interesting, only a few actually used a third channel. It was the ease of programming good racing setupsfor all their cars that made the M8 just right.

My needs are pretty complex and out of the ordinary. When I read the M8 manual I just could not figure out any way to do what I wanted. The T3PK was still a three channel radio, but it did look like it offered the most programming control flexibility of any three channel radio. I looked briefly at the M11 also, and the fourth channel was intriguing, but it still seemed a little less flexible for out of the ordinary stuff. It is pocssible I missed something, I did not look as closely at the M11 as I did at the M8.