Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Lets see those sensors!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Doahh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets see those sensors!

CAn you people post pics of you Nomadio Sensors next to like your 3pk or some other radio or a ruler or something?
I just wanna see how big the size of this thing is
Old 09-18-2005, 09:57 PM
JRexA

Default RE: Lets see those sensors!

In this thread, you can see the picture you are asking for

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3266603/tm.htm

My Sensor is a bit higher than my Graupner/JR C4Race(AM), but also lighter and way more advanced. The additional hight is due to the LCD Display.
It is VERY nice to with the short antenna on the Sensor, no more Antenna fighting when bashing

I am only going to use my Sensor for bashing. Racing with only 2 cars isn't exactly exiting....(there is only 2 FG off-roaders within 500km from where I live)

I find that the Sensor is extremely easy to use, and to setup.
The only addition I am getting to my FG, is an Engine Failsafe, that shuts the Engine down in case of low bat, lost signal, or when pressing the Shift Button. It also works in case of a broken battery wire.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Doahh

lol antenna wars

but i have seen that picture but it's not very good because of the angle it looks like 2 times as big
is it really more comfortable to use?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:15 AM
JRexA

For me it is a lot more comfortable to use.

If you go to the [link=http://www.nomadio.net/default.asp?ilevel1=2&iLevel2=6]Sensor Homepage[/link], then you can see a drawing of the Sensor put side by side to a couple of its competitors.

What you can't see on the drawing is that the sensor is 20-50% fatter than a standard RC Unit.

I will see if I can remember taking some pictures of my Sensor ext to the old Graupner/JR C4Race, that it replaced.

The only tiny little problem I have with the size of the Sensor is when I am walking towards where I am going to run my car.
With my old system I could run the car slowly with one hand. With the Sensor I cant reach the steering wheel, with my thump, when I push the trigger. I need to use two hands, and that makes it a bit harder to walk with the car and the toolcase+fuel.
BUT: When I am driving, I really like the way the Sensor has angled its steering wheel.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doahh

lol antenna wars

but i have seen that picture but it's not very good because of the angle it looks like 2 times as big
is it really more comfortable to use?
It's on a RC car work stand. I did that to highlight the screen. However, I thought I also posted a photo of my Sensor in a starter bag that I used for a case on the actual Nomadio Sensor thread--something I could never fit my Futaba T3PK into. Myself, if I didn't like the feel of the Sensor or the technology, I would have simply purchased a Spectrum RC module and receiver for the Futaba T3PK also shown in the same photo on the subject thread. The angled wheel is also available as an option for the KoPropo Ex-10 Helios.