Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Engine Placement In Deep Vee

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Engine Placement In Deep Vee

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Dragontl1000s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Placement In Deep Vee

Hello. I have a 50 Inch deep vee, and Im gonna be running a 30cc Homi engine. I was just wondering about a good rule of thumb about mounting location. Also I was wondering about a turning fin.

Should I run one or two turning fins? Also is there any advantage to mounting them an an outward angle?

Any info that could be provided would be great. Thank you.
Chris
Old 09-25-2005, 06:38 AM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine Placement In Deep Vee

Chris I just picked up a Vee as well, first one in 7 years. I was told 28 to 30% is a good figure for engine placement. I am planning to run a skegged strut.....no need for a turn fin then but I see you are runing a stinger drive so you may need a fin on the right side if you have trouble getting it to bite in the turns. Make sure you get some trim tabs too or you might have a real wild ride. THe only time I have seen guys run a turn fin on both sides are when they want to turn both left and right.