Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Brison 2.4 or Zenoah G45 For Giant Aeromaster?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Brison 2.4 or Zenoah G45 For Giant Aeromaster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Chevelle
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brison 2.4 or Zenoah G45 For Giant Aeromaster?

It's not your typical question. Per the data on their websites, the Zenoah G45 weighs 4.6lbs and the Brison 2.4 weighs 2.75lbs. That's a huge difference! If I use the lighter Brison in my Giant Aeromaster and have to add nose weight, I might as well go with the Zenoah. If I will have to add tail weight if I use the Zenoah, then the Brison would have been the better choice.

You suggestions are appreciated.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12616.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	329554  
Old 09-26-2005, 03:32 PM
babflyer

Default RE: Brison 2.4 or Zenoah G45 For Giant Aeromaster?

the brison would work out for you better in the long run I think if you ever need another plane for the engine to go into but something should be said for the ease of a engine that doesnt need its own battery pack to run. I would think the brison would have more power, mine can 3d 14lbs real well and will hover a tad over 16 but pull out is reall slow. My brison I bought used and has run flawless except for It developed a knock and I sent it in, they updated it for free with the newer conecting rod and its been perfect since so I had a pleasant experience with the company service. I have a zenoah g23 that runs sweet to, I guess it depends on the plane but its nice to only have the one battery to worry about on those smaller planes that you only get out a couple times a year. I would go with the brison though myself.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

I flew the Giant Aeromaster with a US 41, and it flew well, but was pretty underpowered. I really think the Aeromaster needs at least a 3.2 to have sufficient power. The Aeromaster builds up at a weight of around 20 pounds. I flew a G-62-powered one that flew wonderfully, and had impressive vertical. Don't make the mistake of underpowering it unless all you want to do is just putt-putt around the field.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:52 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an Giant Aeromaster that I have been flying for 3 yrs now. I reall love this plane. In fact, I have about 10 33% and better and I enjoy flying the "aeromaster" as much as any of My other's except My 87" YAK reject. I have the Aeromaster powered with a Quadra, 42 and I can do most aerobatics with it. Having said that I would reccomend that you get a G62 or a 3.2 because I really have to fly my plane in a "scale" like manner because it is so limited in power. The 2.4 would also be limited in power for this Plane. You'll really like the way it fly's and it will probably become one of your favorites.(if you like Bi-Planes )
Old 09-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Chevelle

Thanks for the replies. I am pretty set on the size range. I'm not a put-put flier but I don't do anything like 3D either. I am not looking for unlimited vertical. I am sure that both the Brison 38cc or the Zenoah 45cc will power the plane just fine for me. It's their weight differential that is now the question.

For those of you that used the Brison, did you have to add nose weight?

For those of you that used the US Engines, did you have to add tail weight?

Bob

(Oh, and for the record, I don't even own a plane with just one wing. I have the Lou Andrews and the Giant Aeromasters in the picture, a GP Super Aeromaster still in the box, a 1/4 scale Pup and a 1/4 scale Triplane.)
Old 09-27-2005, 07:12 AM
RK-Aircraft
My Feedback: (81)

I've got one with a 41 with a lead weight on the fire wall. I'm in the middle of switching it out for the G62. I vote for the G62.

I do have a question about it to all you out there. I was coming out of a loop with it and it did a mild snap to the left. I recovered no problem but I was still about 30 feet up. The plane is balanced laterally as well as on CG. Any ideas? Too much throw on the elevator?
Old 09-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Pushrod02
My Feedback: (16)

Bob,

With a US41 on mine, elevator servos over the LG no weight required to balance. I did have to place the battery as far forward as possible. At near 5,000' it is way under powered so this winter it gets a 62.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to fly the Aeromaster in a scale like manner, the US 41 will do just fine. As said I can do Knife edge flight, big loops and or any other aerobatic that I'm capable of doing. I did not have any balance issues useing the "Quadra" 42, engine. If you use the Brison 2.4 you may have to keep everything foward for balance. That shouldn't be a problem since there's so much room available in the cabin. the enginethat you have on hand and enjoy it. You'll find it fly's just like it's little brother "Lew Andrews" 60 size Aromaster.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

Actually, with a 2.4 on it, it will fly like a .60 size Aeromaster with a .40 on it. But, if that's what you're looking for, that's fine. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:56 PM
Chevelle

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like if I went with the lighter Brison, I would probably have to add more weight. I believe the US41 is comparable to the Zenoah or a tad heavier so if that balances out right, then the Zenoah should do the trick. I'll do some balancing with dummy weight but the G45 looks to be the way to go here.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Chevelle

Oh. I almost forgot. I do not have the plans for the plane. What (if any) is the recommended right and down thrust?