Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Performance of new Hacker C50XL Acro-Comp

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 04:19 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Performance of new Hacker C50XL Acro-Comp

Hacker Germany website now lists the setups used by some of the competitors at the World Champs with the new motor. Could one of the guys in the know comment on this?

Firstly are the motor constants for the 13,14 and 15 wind Acro-Comp motor the same as for the "standard" Acro motor?

Jason and Chip were apparently running the 13 wind motor on APC E 20x13 and this is stated to be a high power windy weather setup. I am running a 21 x 14 on a "standard" 13 wind at 72A static and getting 6000 rpm. So I would guess that if the constants are the same they could have propped up a bit for even more pulling power.

The same guys were using the 14 wind motor on 21 x 13 wide blade and this is stated to be a good setup in calm to light winds. My 13 wind motor turns this prop at 65A static for 6100 rpm. Again the 14 wind setup appears to have the capability to turn more prop.

Lastly the Matts were running the 15 wind motor on 22 x 12 and stated that this "perfect constant speed" setup suited their flying style. Tony F states that his 14 wind motor turns this prop at 6200 rpm. The 15 wind motor will turn it around 5800 rpm. Having watched the Matts fly last year with what I was told was a 13 wind motor on the same prop I am amazed that they had enough airspeed in the wind with this setup.

I am really interested to get some feedback here as I want to plan my next power train.

Malcolm
Old 09-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Performance of new Hacker C50XL Acro-Comp

I turn a 24x12 APCE @ 86 amps with my 14turn C50. a tad over 3000watts.

will go for the RF 23xXX for my Impact. it uses some 2200watts or o at a greater speed then the 24x12
Old 09-24-2005, 01:22 AM
Malcolm H

Henke,

What motor is this and who makes it?

Malcolm
Old 09-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Magne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Malcolm.
I have found that one factor that greatly influences the power output with a given motor/propeller setup, is the batteries.
I currently have four packs, two older packs from last year, (TP 6000 Gen.2 and E-tec 5100 mAh) and two nearly new TP Prolite 6000 mAh packs.
I am using the Hacker C50 12 XL and APC-E 19 x 12.
Yesterday I measured the static current with the different packs, and the two older packs gave 50 and 57 A respectively, and one of the new packs gave 87A. (!!!) (All with the same set-up.)
I am only guessing, but I think it is quite possible that people have to use smaller propellers with the newest batteries, I certainly will have to consider whether I want to prop down a bit, as the plane is getting a bit too fast for my liking.
If you are using a different brand/type of batteries, (which I think you do?) then I don't think you can make a direct comparison to what has been posted/observed regarding Jason, Chip, W&R Matt etc.
Best regards,
Magne
Old 09-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Erik Johansson

That is why it is so important to list all 4 interesting things:

Prop
RPM
Voltage
Current

With that data, it´s easy to see that some batteries hold much higher voltage under load than others.

/Erik
Old 09-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Malcolm H

Hi Magne,

Your measurements are very surprising and yes I think you are quite right a direct comparison with different packs is not very meaningful.

Malcolm
Old 09-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Malcolm H

Henke,

What motor is this and who makes it?

Malcolm
Hacker a well known German motor producer
Old 09-29-2005, 03:00 AM
Malcolm H

Henke,

We are confusing each other. When you said "will go for the RF 23xXX for my Impact" I thought this was a different motor to the Hacker - are you describing a prop?

Malcolm
Old 09-29-2005, 08:19 AM
Neo02

I seem to THINK that he's talking about RF (Rudolf Freudenthaler) props from Austria. Well known in F5B/F5F (electric powered gliders).
You can see RF-Modell's website at http://www.modellbau-freudenthaler.at

Regards,
-Fabrizio