Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

n regarding a

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 09:50 AM
USN1980
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n regarding a

Gents (and ladies):

I am looking for recommendations on a RTF heli. It needs to be small and relatively beginner friendly. I am an intermediate fixed wing flyer but have not flown helis (except on "real flight".

I am currently stationed in Iraq for the next year. I work in one of the palaces and there are lots of rooms that I could easily get a little stick time when things are slow!

Thanks,

TLD
Old 09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Dezynco

Default RE: n regarding a

Probably everyone here would say that "small and beginner friendly" do not belong in the same sentence together as far as helicopters are concerned.

You might look into the Eflight Blade for a RTF, but there are ARTF's that are pretty good also. Go with a collective pitch model if you can, the fixed pitch micro's are hard to fly, but cheap on the pocketbook. I never had much luck with my Piccolo, but it still works, despite crashing it dozens of times.

Never really had any luck untill I bought an Eco8, which flies extremely well, but is almost too big for indoors, and it's expensive to repair.

If you have some stuff already, and are inclined to install your own gear, the Shogun has been highly recommended. See the Electric Helicopter forum.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:34 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: n regarding a

If you want something to fly indoors a fixed pitch like the Dragonfly or Honeybee would be the simplest[and cheapest] way to go.Dragonfly is cheapest but Honeybee has better electronics and stability.A collective pitch like the Eflite Blade would enable outdoor flying and stunts but you would have more controls to deal with.Either way,practice and skill is required to fly any of them.