Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

EKSY HoneyBee CP2 6CH Electric Heli Help!?

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

EKSY HoneyBee CP2 6CH Electric Heli Help!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 07:14 AM
gattico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EKSY HoneyBee CP2 6CH Electric Heli Help!?

He did NOt have the gear on. But I use the gear to prevent tipping,.... Can't get it to lift off either way.
John
Old 08-03-2005, 09:59 AM
gattico

Okay, now as it starts to take off it starts to spin like a top. No amount of right rudder can stop it. have tried the proportion control and no luck. If I give it left rudder it spins faster. Any ideas. Could the tail motor be not straight up/down the tail fin be misaligned?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:00 PM
likaastowillie
My Feedback: (3)

i just bought a esky 2 and im trying to use my simulator and its not being recognized on my pc is there a driver that i must first install or can you tell me what i should do to make it work on my pc
Old 09-17-2005, 04:51 PM
manu2005

Is my charger broken?
I just got my honeybee CP2 acouple of days ago. I think the charger is broken because the red light keeps flashing when I plug the battery in. Do you think it is broken?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:37 AM
nikivan

ORIGINAL: manu2005

Is my charger broken?
I just got my honeybee CP2 acouple of days ago. I think the charger is broken because the red light keeps flashing when I plug the battery in. Do you think it is broken?
I had similar problem. Did no charged the battery first time before flying the heli (battery was showing enoigh charge but drained fast). The problem is that when the Li-po goes bellow certain voltage, the charger will not recognize it as being connected and will keep flashing red. I used 9V battery connected to the Li-po to raise the voltage, so the charger can finally recognize it. You simply disconnect the Li-po from the charger and attach it to the 9V battery in parallel. You have to be careful when doing this. I was monitoring the current and the voltage. After few minutes disconnect the Li-po from the battery and connect it to the charger. Wait for 5-10 seconds. If it does not start charging repeat the procedure over again. If after many attempts the Li-po is still not charging, than maybe it is deffective (or maybe a single cell in the pack is bad or unballanced). Good luck.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:18 PM
letsbeavenue

Greetings. I received a Honey Bee today. Very excited about flying, but unfortunately I'm having problems. I have set my throttle control and trim to the minimum (I presume this is left stick at bottom, trim at bottom), powered up TX, connected charged battery and LED just blinks red and green. Have checked seating of crystals. Any other things to try? I'm desperate to get this thing off the ground.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:18 PM
thecheatscalc

set your trim to the middle! you really shouldn't mess with the throttle trim, you can mess with the other trims and that's ok but don'e mess with the throttle trim. now once you set it back to normal make sure that your throttle control is at the bottom before you turn your heli on. also make sure your Tx (controller) has new batteries, and is on. also make sure the controller goes on before the heli for safty precautions. after that if it still doesn't work make sure your battery is charged and all the cables are firmly plugged in. ok? good luck!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:34 PM
letsbeavenue

Many thanks for the reply. Have tried the trim control in the middle. Still no luck. What exactly does the flashing green/red LED mean? The manual is bordering on terrible. Do you think it's a "back to the shop" scenario? Shame, as it's my birthday today and I'd like nothing better than to play with my new aquisition! Well, there's always the pub.....
Old 09-24-2005, 06:11 PM
nikivan

Try flipping IDLE UP switch on your transmitter to to OFF.

ORIGINAL: letsbeavenue

Many thanks for the reply. Have tried the trim control in the middle. Still no luck. What exactly does the flashing green/red LED mean? The manual is bordering on terrible. Do you think it's a "back to the shop" scenario? Shame, as it's my birthday today and I'd like nothing better than to play with my new aquisition! Well, there's always the pub.....
Old 09-24-2005, 07:15 PM
thecheatscalc

also make sure your tx throttle is all the way down before you turn on your heli. most have safty cut offs so if it's on above off it won't turn on. I just had this odd feeling that the throttle switch is inplace the wrong way, try (on the back of the tx) flipping the switch labeled "throttle" if I'm right (about it baing wrong [&:]) when you thought it was at off it was on max making the safty cut off go wrong. to test this theory set the heli in an open space and put the throttle to max turn on the rx (carefully making sure the blades won't hit you) if I'm right when you push the throttle down it should speed up, if not it won't do any thing at all (or it could turn on quite suddenly)
Old 09-24-2005, 07:48 PM
letsbeavenue

Many thanks again guys. I don't have any switches on the back of my TX. There is no "Idle" switch. My TX's model number is ET104C. It has 4 servo reverse swiches on the front and the normal 2 x 2 axis control sticks. Bumpf which came with heli says EK1H-E004. Am I on the right page here?
Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

fixed pitch bird i presume? the idle up switch is for the cp honey bee's

you will know if the crystals are installed right and the trans is communicating with the heli by simply moving the cyclic controls and see if the servo's move.

make sure your throttle switch on the transmitter is set correctly, you can try reversing the switch to see if it will initialize
Old 09-25-2005, 07:25 AM
letsbeavenue

Still no sign of life......Will try different crystal set from one of my cars.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:47 PM
thecheatscalc

that probably won't work as the Tx must be tuned to the chrystal so if you use the wrong type expect glitches, range issues, no workability.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:42 PM
fermoral

Hi, I'm back to the forum after 4 months flying (trying to fly would be more exact) instead of writing. At this point, and after uncountable crashes, the rotor head of my CP2 has got more glue than plastic. Those little plastic balls which are linked to the arms from the swash plate are very weak. The problem is this: can anyone tell me how to dismantle the rotor head, please? I've got the new parts for replacing but I've got no idea of how to start dismantling the whole thing. In fact, I don't even know which is the first thing I have to remove. Thanks and excuse my poor English.

Fernando