Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Zenoah G26 need some advice........

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah G26 need some advice........

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Spudtoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G26 need some advice........

Hi there,

I've got a FG Marder Monster Beetle with a dicky engine. It starts fine but then only runs for about 15-20 seconds before it cuts out (this it whether it's hot or cold). I can restart the engine immediately for another 15 second burst. I'd now like to move on and actually complete a lap!

The Marder is second hand so I have no idea what's happened to it. The engine has a bore upgrade to 27cc and a ADA Racing Juice Box fitted.

I have tried cleaning the carb, swapping the plug and changing the mixture - no change.

Any suggestions on a cure would be most welcome!

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:37 AM
davewallace
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: Zenoah G26 need some advice........

Hello,
You have a fuel system problem. Try running a fuel line to a known good external tank and start the engine. If it just runs for a few seconds, your carbie might not be pumping fuel or the filter screen under the aluminum plate may be cloughed. If someone removed the carbie the pulse port may not be lined up properly or it could just be a leaking gasket. Either way, it is a carbie issue. If it runs fine, you have a cloghed fuel line, filter, clunk or vent. It is just a matter of isolating the malfuncting component. We know that your ignition and compression are good. What ever that jouice box thing is could be bad. In the USA a joice box is a carton of fruit joice for children.

Dave
Old 10-21-2005, 09:54 AM
DERF-54
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: Zenoah G26 need some advice........

Hi,
When you say you cleaned the crab, did you take the carb off and remove all the parts? Did you remove the needles and and spay carb cleaner through all the holes? Did you completely clean out the screen in the carb?
Have you checked all the fuel lines for a tiny hole?
If the carb is totally clean and the engine is still dying out after you get a good prime then you have a air leak somewhere, fuel line, or pick up in the tank, check to make sure the carb spacer is not cracked make sure the carb and spacer are sealing tight to each other and to the side of the cylinder, also make sure the cylinder is tight to the block.
Does the engine pick up rpm a bit before it dies?
Hope some of these can help you out.