Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

place where I could build a good DC power supply for my Power Supply

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

place where I could build a good DC power supply for my Power Supply

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
kaneo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default place where I could build a good DC power supply for my Power Supply

I was wondering if anyone had some instructions or a link to directions on how to build a DC power supply for my charger. I know it involves computer parts but that is the extent of my knowledge. Thanks in advance.
-Kane
Old 10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
sport10

Default RE: place where I could build a good DC power supply for my Power Supply

You can use a computer power supply as a 12v DC power source if you do not want to buy a DC power supply. This is not as cheap as it use to be because of the availablilty of cheaper dc power supplies now. Check out this website for a dc power supply. www.b-p-p.com
Old 10-26-2005, 06:11 AM
gerwen

Default RE: place where I could build a good DC power supply for my Power Supply

http://www.marcee.org/Articles/PCPowerSupply.htm
Old 10-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Mad Wax

You can of course use a lead acid battery as the power source (useful if charging in the field) A good ready made PSU with the right connectors for chargers are available for £30, and a decent PC PSU is probably around that if not more plus you'll have to do some minor surgery to it.

Not worth it IMO- I could understand it if even lowest end dedicated modeller's PSU's were £100+
Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 AM
gerwen

Unless, of course, you happen to have an old unused hulk of a computer lying around with a halfway decent power supply in it. Going and buying a ps for a computer to turn into a PSU doesn't make sense, but using available parts does.