Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

John, tell me the diff in the yak and extra

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

John, tell me the diff in the yak and extra

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:17 PM
spinner11
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default John, tell me the diff in the yak and extra

John, I spoke to you a couple weeks ago about the 40% yak and plan on ordering one rite after the new year for a winter project. Well man,, I thought I had my mind made up but the 42% Extra 300 is sure lookin good. I'll be putting a DA 150 under the hood. Can you take a crack at explaining the differences in flight characteristics. Does the yak fly slower than the extra because of drag on the airframe? Or are they about the same? What other differences have you noticed?

I think you told me that the yak was almost neutral in KE flight...Hows the extra for neutrallity?

THanks
JR
Old 10-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Aerotech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: John, tell me the diff in the yak and extra

Hello,

Well they are close in the neutral department. When it comes to slowing down. The Yak has more drag so it lends to that. The Extra also slows down very well also. Both fly excellent I think its a matter of what you want. Its hard to say one or the other. I will say this, both are selling well and I can say you will see some very good guys with 300's and Yaks on the IMAC circuit next season. I hope we can serve you.

Thanks

John