Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba GYA-351 gyro for elevons

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba GYA-351 gyro for elevons

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Speedbird66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba GYA-351 gyro for elevons

Hi there,
anybody out there been using the GYA-351 gyro on elevons (roll stability in a delta wing) ?
The manual says: Single axis and dual output.

I have a feeling it would work fine. It is just that the Futaba maual doesn't mention elevons for some strange reason.

I'm not planning to use the AVCS mode (heading hold) just the normal mode.

Has anybody tried it ?

/Johan
Old 10-30-2005, 09:58 AM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Futaba GYA-351 gyro for elevons

had tried it on a BVM f-16 a while back ... works great, but not really to no benefit on that particular bird except with an extramly tail heavy CG ( helpful for high alpha stuff )

Im using 2 of these coupled together through 3 channels ( one channel Y cabled to 2 gyros) and 4 servos on helicopter CCPM 4 point system .. all 4 servos can move up/down ( flap function) without gyro interaction, while the 2 lateral axis are dampened by the opositely placed servos (per gyro) ... I have this set up on a 4 blade head on a turbine EC-135 ..

the multo axis, and multi channel gyros futaba has are awesome and have more potential applications than even futaba intended for ..

Wojtek
Old 10-31-2005, 05:27 AM
Speedbird66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba GYA-351 gyro for elevons

Hi Wojtek,
In what configuration did you use the GYA-351 in your F-16?
Did you fly it with tailerons? (That would be the same set up as elevons on a delta)
The effect I'm looking for is some additional roll stability only (no gyro effect on elevator).
I just wan't to make sure that the elevator signal i coming through ok and that elevator input still is possble when gyro is correcting the roll plane.
Can you confirm this?

Kind Regards/Johan