Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Building a 35%

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 10:44 PM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a 35%

John, the 35% midwing Extra on your website is simply gorgeous. Wish it was an ARC or ARF!

I've built tons of ARF's and several kits (maybe 45-50 planes), but nothing this large. How hard is this kit to construct? I think a Carden is still probably beyond my skills and/or desire at this moment, with the wing skins, Brazilian-rainforest-in-a-box, etc.

Can you give some puts and takes of building this plane vs a Carden or 25% built up plane?

Is that cowl inlet really pre-molded into that cool shape or did the builder do a lot of glass work?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Aerotech

Default RE: Building a 35%

Hello,

The plane is alot less labor than our competitors mainly in the fuselage. Its all laser cut formers. No truss building. Sheeting the foam is the same as any kit. If you can peck at it for a couple of weeks consistantly, than you can have it in the bones. Then finishing is the rest. I know many customers have had a 35% RTF in 4-5weeks no problem. This 35% Extra 300 is going to do well. Its the most neutral and it stops where you want it. I will have good video before the end of this month. The cowl intakes were done by Tony. He a has a methos that adds may 3 hours of start to finish and I have step by step pics that make it easy. Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 PM
RCAddiction

Thanks, John. I'm going to talk with my buddy about this plane. He's built many Cardens and would be able to advise on the aspects of the build I've not done before, like sheeting wings and also managing to keep those wings perfectly straight.

Any chance you could offer the wings already sheeted?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

Yes we can do this. We build and sheet everything on tables with slate on them So they are perfectly flat. Email us and I will shoot you a price.

Thanks

John
Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 PM
RCAddiction

Email is on its way, sir!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:26 PM
ben beyer
My Feedback: (23)

I noticed on your website that the 35% Edge is advertised as $599 and the 37% is $649. However, when you go to the checkout, the 35% is $649 and the 37% is $599. Is this just a mistake?

Also, if you didn't do a smoke system and kept things very basic. Redundant 2 cell Li-ions on a single receiver, no smoke, cut lightening holes, carbon fiber gear, CF wing tube, CF tail wheel, etc. What's a realistic weight for this airplane with a 3W 106?