Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3PK question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 05:51 AM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3PK question

Hi i have a Futaba 3PK HRS Megatech Black.

I used to do largescale (giantscale) r/c cars, but now i have stoped it for the time being due to funds and need to sort my life out etc. I have 1/10 HPi RS4 Rally r/c car Battery. and at the mo it has an Acoms Techniplus radio and servos. Now what i would like to do is to mu the Futuba radio into the car. In doing so, i will have to change the servos to digital ones right; if so which ones. bare inming that they will have to standard 1/10 size and don't have to be very torquey. Or is there anyother thing i could do? cheers
Darren
Old 10-21-2005, 06:21 AM
eb4_boy

Default RE: 3PK question

Would probably be cheaper to get a Futaba R114F FM40 Micro Receiver from modelsport. Only £30. Then you dont need to splash out on new servos. Just set the tranny to ppm with the Futaba R114F FM40 Micro Receiver and your all set.

Liam
Old 10-21-2005, 10:37 AM
dazzahughesuk

OK, thanks for the advice.
Darren
ORIGINAL: eb4_boy

Would probably be cheaper to get a Futaba R114F FM40 Micro Receiver from modelsport. Only £30. Then you dont need to splash out on new servos. Just set the tranny to ppm with the Futaba R114F FM40 Micro Receiver and your all set.

Liam
Old 10-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dazzahughesuk

I used to do largescale (giantscale) r/c cars, but now i have stoped it for the time being due to funds and need to sort my life out etc. I have 1/10 HPi RS4 Rally r/c car Battery. and at the mo it has an Acoms Techniplus radio and servos. Now what i would like to do is to mu the Futuba radio into the car. In doing so, i will have to change the servos to digital ones right; if so which ones. bare inming that they will have to standard 1/10 size and don't have to be very torquey. Or is there anyother thing i could do? cheers
Darren
If you want to use it in the HRS Mode, then you probably have to use digital servos. However, you can probably use it in the PPM mode and not have to use digital servos. If you are worried about using the same receiver in the PPM mode, you may simply want to pick up a cheaper receiver and set the transmitter to the PPM mode. For example, a Novak receiver. I run several RCs in the PPM mode with Novak receivers and analog servos. Quite frankly, I don't see why higher end analog servos can't be used in the HRS mode if the end points are set properly, but that is something that can probably be asked and answered on the RCU Futaba Direct Support Forum. I simply write that since I also own a Nomadio Sensor and it can distinquish between digital and analog so I can mix servos if I want--basically all it does is send a signal twice as fast to the specific servo in the digital mode and I am currently using the digital setting with Airtonics analog servos in my mbX5. Perhaps, it is just a way for Futaba to get around people complaining about burning out servos in the HRS mode when the Futaba T3PK "was" supposedly three times faster than the other transmitters on the market.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:25 AM
dazzahughesuk

Thanks you very much for that detailed reply mate. :thumb up:
It is not big deal for me to get digital servos and just use the 3pk as normal.
Darren
ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: dazzahughesuk

Darren
If you want to use it in the HRS Mode, then you probably have to use digital servos. However, you can probably use it in the PPM mode and not have to use digital servos. If you are worried about using the same receiver in the PPM mode, you may simply want to pick up a cheaper receiver and set the transmitter to the PPM mode. For example, a Novak receiver. I run several RCs in the PPM mode with Novak receivers and analog servos. Quite frankly, I don't see why higher end analog servos can't be used in the HRS mode if the end points are set properly, but that is something that can probably be asked and answered on the RCU Futaba Direct Support Forum. I simply write that since I also own a Nomadio Sensor and it can distinquish between digital and analog so I can mix servos if I want--basically all it does is send a signal twice as fast to the specific servo in the digital mode and I am currently using the digital setting with Airtonics analog servos in my mbX5. Perhaps, it is just a way for Futaba to get around people complaining about burning out servos in the HRS mode when the Futaba T3PK "was" supposedly three times faster than the other transmitters on the market.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:45 AM
plaidfish

hitech has fairly inexpensive digi servos...just look up their specs and see what ya need.....Iwouldn't use em on an off road rc but road seems to be fine.....off road I use JR 8611 & futaba 9451...
Old 11-03-2005, 09:57 AM
dazzahughesuk

I might just do that.
Darren
ORIGINAL: plaidfish

hitech has fairly inexpensive digi servos...just look up their specs and see what ya need.....Iwouldn't use em on an off road rc but road seems to be fine.....off road I use JR 8611 & futaba 9451...
Old 11-06-2005, 09:09 PM
forestroke

vazza - if you don't car to splash on stronger servos with faster speeds, then the PPM or PCM rx is the way to go. if you are going to race and want something more than the standard servos, invest in some digital servos like the S9451. they are not much more than a non-digital servo of the same grade.

just remember, if you're going with the PPM rx, you should consider a failsafe. they are built into the HRS and PCM rx's