Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

SH28 engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 09:42 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SH28 engine

ORIGINAL: Dave33

...Just remember you can't go back down once you start using a higher fuel.
Why not? I have done this with several engines (LHS sporadically carries 30%). Did it with my current Mach without any longevity issues. Obviously you need to retune, but there isn't any other reason that you can't switch.

On the exhaust, I found the HPI Ribbed pipe to make the SH come alive. Some people were using the polished pipe, so I gave that a try, but the ribbed pipe made more power...both low and high rpm...by far.

On temps, I would see 265 in proper tune (Body on) at the end of a tank of 30% Trinity MHP- Power blend; running nearly wide open all of the time in a very wide open field.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:59 PM
podge_87

i got the lrp 28 zspec 2, is there anyway you can find out how many ports it has without stripping the block completely?
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Nitronutt

According to tower: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKYU8&P=7

The spec 2 is 6+1. The basic Z.28 is 3+1
Old 11-10-2005, 03:09 PM
podge_87

is that good?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Nitronutt

A higher number of ports typically means more power up top and higher peak RPM. Lower # of ports = more torque.

Is it good? It depends on what you want. Do you want torque down low for wheelies or power on top for higher top speed at the end of a straightaway? Not to say that 3 port or 11 port won't have good top end or wheelie (Respectively). Highly modified engines/race engines will mostly have higher port counts

Most Hefty & affordable big blocks are 3+1 port for high torque. Sirio makes an 11 port race engine. In modern Nitro engines, I have not seen more than 11 ports...or fewer than 3+1.