Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Getting Ready For Winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 10:24 PM
evaderstbasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Ready For Winter

I have my evader receiver/tx in my Savage 25 due to some problems with the 3-channel system....what do i need to do to this truck so i can tear it up in the winter and in the snow?
i have the batt. pack ballooned both servos ballooned and am going to go balloon the receiver now...what else?
this truck wont rust and will this hurt my engine at all?
i will be running wiht the body on to prevent too much snow hitting the engine!?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
dracy69
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Getting Ready For Winter

i have ran my savage in the snow before and was lots of fun. i didnt really take anyprecations except for sealing up the 3rd servo hole in the radio case. but.....to be safe try and do something to cover your airfilter, i have a motorsaver so i havent been able to run into somehing big enough but i think a wd-40 cap will work and then make some custom mounting from stuff like zipties etc. if you have the stock airfilter try and pu some kind of deflector on the tranny/tvp/gas tank to reduce the risk of water getting in the eninge, water will ruin your engine. [link=http://www.pantherteam.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_69&produ cts_id=232]Panther Ultimate Sand/Snow Set-up[/link] these might work good in the snow, never tried them but it looks like they may do good. spray wd-40 on the exaust and engine to prevent that stuff from rusting (before you drive and after) you may want to cover holes in your body depending on your engines temps but it might not be a problem. the tvp's and every other metal part on the truck is aluminum so dont worry about that rusting. thats about all i can think so have fun and if you get them tell us how those tires do. you may want paddle tires all around....unsure though
Old 11-10-2005, 10:55 PM
stevblutu15

stock tires work well in the snow, for a few reasons. 1 the truck is so heavy it just sinks and compacts the snow and 2, 4WD. The savage is an excellent vehicle in all weather conditions.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:10 AM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

I would suggest cleaning and re-lubing your wheel bearings afterward.