Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Any interference installing throttle servo by zenoah g26?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Any interference installing throttle servo by zenoah g26?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:16 AM
crashergs
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any interference installing throttle servo by zenoah g26?

Pretttyy much what the thread says.

What I have done is install a hitec hs422 standard servo in the firewall. its right behind the walbro carb. The reason I did this because i found it to be a bitttt more difficult installing to the middle of the fuse. If interference does occur, what methods can be used to prevent interference? the push rod is 4-40 thread and metal dubro 4-40 clevises.

Have a good night fellas!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:46 PM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Any interference installing throttle servo by zenoah g26?

Make sure you use a nylon semi flex rod instead of metal on the throttle servo. Actually the farther away your servo will be the less chance you will have of interference. I installed a G26 on a Super Stearman by GP and did just that. And finnaly got it to go good. Hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:52 PM
crashergs
My Feedback: (8)

bud, i really appreciate your response, i thought i would never get one, ill give it a shot! hopefully i dont have to tinker with it to days to come! hahaha, cheers bud
Old 02-05-2005, 01:15 AM
ICE 32 ICEMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Crashergs,
I have never understood this.............. Inside every servo is a pot that has very thin arms that contact the pot surface. Seems to me that the vibration you get from a gasser would shake these arms and cause a jittery servo and maybe even interference with the rest of your radio system. My Great Planes Pitts shows this in the manual for it and I can't believe they would approve of this method. They void your warranty if you are a tad over their reccomended engine size but they show an arrangement like this! Use the red Nyrod and move the throttle servo to the trailing edge of the wing inside the fuse. Keep your battery and switch harness back away from the motor also. The magneto gives off a lot of RF noise, so the further you keep radio electronics back from the motor, the better. Also make sure your plug has an "R" somewhere in the part number. No "R", no resistor. No resistor, lots of RF noise to drive your radio crazy. If you want to hear some noise, tune your car's radio to an AM station with a lot of static and listen to your car's ignition in the speakers of the radio. Rev the motor and you'll hear the RF. On engines that have battery ignitions, keep the battery for the ignition, the kill switch and the ignition for the motor up front and away from the rest of the radio gear. Hope this helps. I learned this years ago on my own without something like RCU to help out. Now you can get a answer to problems in minutes! Happy flying!
Terry
Old 02-05-2005, 07:40 AM
BillS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If interference does occur, what methods can be used to prevent interference?
How do you anticipate knowing when a glitch occurs? If it happened to be a big glitch how will you determine from the many thousand pieces carried home which part failed?

Others have suggested mounting all radio gear far away from the engine. I have mounted the radio gear at least two feet away from the engine no matter how much trouble the throttle linkage is to work out. For me it simply is not worth taking a chance. After the crash it is almost impossible to determine the cause.

Bill S
Old 02-05-2005, 09:52 AM
crashland 73
My Feedback: (24)

I felt the same way when I went through this. Do all you can to make it better then get you a PCM reciever. A lot of people will tell you not to becouse of masking the problem with the PCM, well I done all I can with mine to no prevail and just bought a PCM. Then all was ok.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:21 PM
KCCraig
My Feedback: (1)

My advice is to use an isolater. I have a GP Pitts, mounted the throttle servo on the firewall, with a metal pushrod. Have never had a hint of a glitch. I would tell you the brand name I used, except I can't seem to remember and the wings are on the bipe just now, and I'm not pulling them off. Oh yeah, useing a FPE 3.2 gasser for power.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:23 PM
kaksnapper

So how is it goin with your firewall mounted servo, any interferece??? I just mounted one and debating whether to move it after some of the threads I've read. My 1/4 BUSA Sopwith Pup has a Zenoah g-26 and I won't fire it up til spring....any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx, ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96938.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	366095  
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 AM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

I have a super cub with a g 23 and ch electronic ignition.. I am having the same problem.. Funny thing is that it flew fine, until about the 3rd or fourth flight and almost lost it in the air.. Now with the antenna full down, and about 10 paces away it goes insane.. I have unplugged every servo and have determined it the trottle servo, or ignition.. Thryed moving stuff, batteries, ect, ect,ect.. I am about to say heck with it and go pcm.. havent tryed that yet, just used fm.. Funny how it went all crasy at once..What do you guys think??