Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Picked up a couple things today

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 AM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up a couple things today

These Nova products are going to look sweet

Old 12-04-2005, 09:26 AM
LaxerMan21
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Picked up a couple things today

that is supposed to be a very good cooling head, ive heard good things about it and supposeovly it gives lower temps
Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

with the head you have to be careful because the head will be a lower temp... if you check the temps you need to check then on the crankcase
Old 12-04-2005, 10:09 AM
youie

ORIGINAL: savageman90

with the head you have to be careful because the head will be a lower temp... if you check the temps you need to check then on the crankcase
OBVIOUSLY, this should be the case with all heads, afterall the idea behind a heatsink is to dissipate heat.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:17 AM
RCDadChicago
My Feedback: (34)

Thanks for the tip. With the new engine mount I might get the Werks racing clutch, not sure yet, so many people having problems with them.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:31 AM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

well.... i know lots of people take the temp on the head.... and if you do that with this and the temp is only like 200 degrees then you lean it out more and more... and then you damage your engine
ORIGINAL: youie

OBVIOUSLY, this should be the case with all heads, afterall the idea behind a heatsink is to dissipate heat.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

well.... i know lots of people take the temp on the head.... and if you do that with this and the temp is only like 200 degrees then you lean it out more and more... and then you damage your engine
ORIGINAL: youie

If it sounds lean; IT IS. Tune by eyes and ear and keep your temp-taker for breakin monitoring.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:52 PM
PSG-1

That's how me and my friend tune our engines and we have long life and good power out of them. I think it's a touch that you have to learn... i used the temp gun often when i got my mach .26 and made sure i broke it in well. Once broken in i just do it by sight/sound. I think it's the easiest way to go personally and very reliable if you know what you're doing.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:50 AM
ntloser

ORIGINAL: RCDadChicago

Thanks for the tip. With the new engine mount I might get the Werks racing clutch, not sure yet, so many people having problems with them.
True dat. I still have mine sitting in a baggie. I could never get it to work right. I think the flywheel was spinning on the collet but one thing is for sure, no matter how loose or tight the tension was, it would always slip. Wasted $60. Some day I may reorder pads and try again.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Buzzbait

The Nova head definitely dissipates a lot of heat. Iā€™m using a Nova head on one of my HPI 4.6 engines. Where a temp reading on the stock head used to measure around 285 degrees, when properly tuned and run for a couple tanks, the Nova head gives me temp readings around 220 degrees.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:35 AM
EG1

That is a sweet coolong head, people have been raving about those Nova heads for a while now.

ntloser, what engine are trying to put the werks clutch on? You may need to file the collet down if its to long and not allowing you to tighten the flywheel nut all the way down. If the collet is not thick enough you'll need to order an Italian engine collet(werks suggestion) or email werks and ask them to list all the known collets that work for your combo. Seriously, its easy to do & its worth the little amount of effort.