Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Airworld Hawk or Skymaster F 18E

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Airworld Hawk or Skymaster F 18E

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 09:31 AM
key west

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airworld Hawk or Skymaster F 18E

Which Jet would you buy?
The new F 18E from Skymaster or the Hawk from Airworld?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Airworld Hawk or Skymaster F 18E

Do you want to spend your time building or flying? I have an Airworld Hawk and there is a lot of work to do. You'd be flying your F-18 before you got your Hawk wings mounted

Alternatively, if you want a really special and impressive model and you don't mind building then go for the Hawk!

Rgds,
Mark
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 AM
I-NAV
My Feedback: (3)

Both fly well. It's a matter size. If you have the van/truck to transport it and a big motor, the F-18 is a show stopper.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:33 AM
key west

Does the F 18E really fly as well as the Airworld hawk?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

These are two completely different airplanes. I sell both products and I actually own both products (Al tough I think like most I have not flown my airworld Hawk yet) First you have to decide which type of plane you prefer. The lightweight trainer type jet like the hawk that is superb at precise aerobatic flight and great from grass filed. or the Heavy metal solid sitting F-18 that is more suited to asphalt than grass but looks a lot more mean in the air, and with all the missile and bombs stands out from the crowd on the flight line.
Then of course you have to consider how much building you want to do. You can buy a Skymaster F-18C E or F with a exterior paint finish that has the markings applied and looks just as if you paid a professional to do it.
The Hawk on the other hand needs a lot more building and many hours to finish. but the result is a model that is stunning and more accurate to scale (As long as your building skills allow)
There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I would find it hard to choose between either. So do what I did and have one of each
On a serious note, I think you just need to decide which model you prefer the most and if you want to build or not.
Hope this helps, any questions feel free to contact me.
[email protected] or
[email protected]
Regards Al
Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Who are the distributor or dealer for Airworld in the US? What website should I go to find it out? Does SM hawk have the same panel line and detail quality as the airworld?

Thanks,

Mike