Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

nomenclature

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

nomenclature

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:46 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nomenclature

looking for available ,high quality water transfers that you have used that work really well. tired of having pro-marks bubbling in the sun on flat surfaces for $300.00 .also we have just used tailermade decals from germany, but have found many of their colors are too transparet especially white. any help would be apprec. thanks
Old 12-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: nomenclature

I own the same printing equipment as Ralle Schneider of tailormade decals does (however i am operating it on "home use basis" ), and am having absolutely no problems whatsoever with transparency issues. Even fine white stencils come out absolutely white on black underground without showing through, see for yourself:

I do not know with what settings he is operating his stuff...with the ones i am using, things definetly do not shine through.
If you want i can print some up for you to try...

Regards
Hank
Old 12-09-2005, 09:30 AM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you ironing the markings down once applied? I have been using Jerry's stuff for over 10 years and have never had the problem you are describing.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
maramotts
My Feedback: (8)

I am having a set of water transfers custom made by rcu member lavirider, it is a bit expensive at about $500.00 us but it is of world jet masters qaulity if you have seen the 2005 world jet masters dvd it is the same as the israeli F-15 which was made by him.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:02 PM
smokin-gun

yes we too have been using them since at least 1994 and have had the same probs. , only on the wings and in darker colors. i attribute it to heat and the direct sunlight fuse's. are always perf. and rivets are perf. so i don't beleive it is our applic.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:47 PM
lavi rider
My Feedback: (6)

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi, I've sent u a private mail regarding u're stuff.
BRG
Peter.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:16 PM
smokin-gun

an update using tailormade water transfers in germany. was clearcoating new bvm f-86 today and the stars and bars cracked and blistered on both sides of wing ,all other nomencl. ok we surmise that the ink transfer of the dark blue lifted from the under white. nothing else was a multy color transfer and were ok ,now i can SAND MY WING DOWN and start again ..not to happy !
Old 12-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you paint the clear all in one? These decals are somewhat sensitive to 2 component paints, so you need to lightly mist them, wait until they start to dry to the touch, then lightly mist again, getting more and more paint on there. Once entirely covered in the mist, you can spray on the final coat evenly...

Did you use the setter and softener? If not, this probably contributed to this problem also...

Regards
Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 PM
smokin-gun

used setter and soft liked it well because it helped conform to molded panel lines and again only on st -brs not other large navy decals etc. and all other parts. used dupont 2 part chroma clear as usual for past 15 years understand tack coats to keep heat down and edge sealing before applying final wet coat...