Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

h9 p40 build questions?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

h9 p40 build questions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h9 p40 build questions?

Is super glue the same as ca? can I use super glue to glue the hinges.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Fastsky

Default RE: h9 p40 build questions?

Q. Is super glue the same as ca? A: Yes but there are 3 versions that are sold at the hobby shops that are better suited for our hobby. Thick, medium, and thin. My opinions of the 3 types: The thick version is just strange and unpredictable so I don't use it. The thin is pretty much only good for sticking your fingers together. The medium seems to work well for anything I want to glue together. As far as hinges goes it depends on the hinge type. There is a hinge that looks like a square piece of cloth. You will need to use this type and thin CA for these but you also need to mark the middle with a grease pencil before you glue them in to keep the glue out so that the middle part of the hinge remains flexible. Lots of flyers like them but I prefer the nylon hinges. I sand the shiny finish off and then use 12 minute epoxy to glue the hinge in. Then I go back and pin the hinge by drilling a small hole through it and then gluing in a round tooth pick with wood glue. Never had a hinge come loose using this method.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Mr.Extra 260
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: h9 p40 build questions?

yes its the one that looks like a sqaure peice of cloth will it seems to be thin will it work well