Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

52" Bronco plans sought

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

52" Bronco plans sought

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
osxpro
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 52" Bronco plans sought

anyone have or know where I can download a set of 52" Bronco plans? I trashed the starboard wing of mine this weekend and I'm simply looking for the wing plan. I need to get some measurements so I can rebild the wing alone. THanks fellas!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 PM
FallDownGoBoom
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 52" Bronco plans sought

OSX:

Trust your wing "trashing" wasn't as dramatic as mine...

I'm pretty sure I've got the wing layout I built mine from downstairs in the post-moving mess. If the download option doesn't pan out, I'd be willing to dig it out and snail-mail it to you, glue specks and all.

Fred
Old 01-10-2006, 12:42 PM
osxpro

Yeah, it wasn't completely trashed. I brought it in a little to slow (against the wind), the wind changed direction or stopped and the bronco dropped, hopped, and rolled....

All I need is the wing plans as I'm thinking rebuilding the wing would be a little better. I just need a drawing of the wing portion.
I currently have the full set of the Palmer 96" plans and could scale them down but I'm not sure I want to go through that!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97076.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	384892  
Old 01-11-2006, 01:09 PM
FallDownGoBoom
My Feedback: (1)

OSX:

I found the wing plans, if you want I'll mail 'em to you... just need your address via private message/ e-mail. They'll come flat, not rolled, but that shouldn't be a problem for what you're doing.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:24 PM
R/C Lee
My Feedback: (3)

OSX: for what it's worth, when you rebuild the wing, add a section of flaps inboard of the booms; also, make the leading edge of the wing ROUND. I found out the hard way how fast the OV-10 will drop when it's ready to stop flying! And, it's not always obvious when it is ready to stop flying. When I rebuilt my wing, I rounded the leading edge and went with outboard ailerons (I originally had short ailerons and four flaps like the full-size) and inboard flaps. It makes a world of difference on both takeoff and landing. Crank the flaps down 15-20 degrees on takeoff and it jumps off our grass strip, whereas in the past I had a real problem getting it off the ground. For landings, it really helps to slow down a "controlled crash" into a reasonable carrier landing. It's one of my favorite airplanes. Lee
Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
osxpro

I hear you! When I originally flew the plane it was a flying brick! I went and added 4" of wing to each side. I also cut out spaced for independant Ail servos so I could have flapperons.
The plane flew MUCH better with the addition of 8" of Wing. It no longer came in for landing like it was meteor.
When I rebuild the wing, I will build in inboard flaps, and add 5" of wing to each side to lower the wing loading. The 2 Saito 40's in give it planty of power!