Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

Best landing gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 08:13 PM
Guardian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best landing gear

Best landing gear (post # 1)

Who makes the best big ( large size ) custom pneumatic landing gear ?, please feel free to add anyone I missed What are the good and bad about the above manufactuers ? Any personal experiences ?
Old 12-12-2002, 08:49 PM
BruceW

Default Best landing gear

Guardian, My experience with Robart gear has been all good. However, I can't say the same for Century Jet. I purchased a custom gear set for a Tigercat....I sent it back three times before it was ever installed. The workmanship, or should I say, the lack their of was unacceptable. Each time, I got a lame excuse to why it was not up to their standard. A big thumbs down! BruceW
Old 12-12-2002, 10:32 PM
warbirdz1

Default Gear....

Folks....I've had best performance with the Robarts....gathering parts as we speak for DS "Connie" and will use Robart...saw a set of CJM gear and was quite disappointed.....all my planes have Robarts(All Warbirds)......not perfect all the time but when parts have been needed.....they were recieved in a timely manner....Bill.....
Old 12-12-2002, 11:10 PM
av8r4aa
My Feedback: (82)

Default good gear

I usually build warbirds and I really like Robarts. I have found that If the specs for the gear say 12 to 25 lbs then I plan on being on the low side of their stats. It seems that only 2 things wear out on RC planes. Landing gear and cowlings. I think I have mastered the gear problems but plastic or fiberglass cowlings just seem to wear out for me.
Thanks Greg
Old 12-12-2002, 11:44 PM
warbirdz1

Default Cowlins...

Greg....I solved the cowling problems........I make 90* angles out of 2024t3 aluminum about 1-1/2" wide by 4 inches long and glass W/cloth one side to inside of cowl then drill 5/16" holes for a 1/4-20 nylon screw....I use four of these roughly 90* apart and also no fasteners go thru the cowl....it does make for slightly more work to install the cowl.........but worth it.....Bill....
Old 12-13-2002, 03:28 AM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The best landing gear...

I'll take Robarts any day. I've had outstanding customer support, and replacements with out charge.