Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Setting up dual battery packs for two rx in one plane

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Setting up dual battery packs for two rx in one plane

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:17 AM
slojoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up dual battery packs for two rx in one plane

I know this question has been asked several times before some where on RCU but here it goes again.......................

I'm running two rx in my plane now to power these two rx this is my plan starting from the battery packs go into two switches one for each pack then into a Jomar battery back up then into a FMA direct voltage regulator that splits out from the regulator to the two rx. will that work for the two rx or is there another way??????????????
Old 02-01-2006, 04:27 AM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Setting up dual battery packs for two rx in one plane

I am doing my first 34% plane with dual rx as well. I think I am going to split the plane and go batt to reg to rx on both sides and skip all of the bells and whistles and batt share and all the extra junk.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:49 AM
BPKlein
My Feedback: (1)

I would do it (and have done it many times) like Budget said...

A switch, battery and receiver for the left aileron, left elevator and throttle. And another switch, battery and reciever for the right side stuff and rudder.

Bells and whistles give you more components to break. That being said, I stopped using 2 batteries and receivers in all of my large stuff. 1 switch to 1 battery to 1 receiver then to the servos. Just like a 40 size sport plane.

Bryan
Old 02-01-2006, 11:11 AM
slojoe
My Feedback: (8)

I was shown to put left ail.,right ele., and throttle on one rx. Then right ail., left ele., and rudder on the other. So if something was to happen it would sorda equalize everything.