Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Balsa USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 03:21 AM
Retcapt121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balsa USA

Hi all, :idea:
I am looking into building a Balsa USA 1/4 scale Sopwith pup [gong to be my winter project]. Has anyone built this kit and if so could you give any suggestions. I would like to scale this one out and plan on using a Saito 120 for power. ANY help would be great.
Thanks, Charlie
Old 12-02-2002, 02:08 PM
wagas

Default You love it...

Just a simple remark but the kit builds ok the way it is with the exception of the landing gear. You need some flex when you are landing. If you leave out the bar between the gear you will eventually spread your gear out after a few landings. If you rigid mount the gear you will need to be very careful on landings, all it took on mine was one windy day and a hard landing and I was doing some repair work. I would do some research on the REAL one if your going to build it some what to scale. I loved mine so much that after I got sold it, I couldn't live with out it. So i'm starting another one right now myself. I had a TT FS 91 at first then switch to a ST 2000. My next one will have a Saito 1.80 in it.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:40 PM
Retcapt121

Default Balsa USA

Thanks Wagas,
Thanks for the info-how will you fix the landing gear problem on your next one? Are there any decals in the kit? If not how did you reproduce the markings on the plane?
Thanks again, Charlie
Old 06-18-2003, 01:12 PM
airbatic

Default Balsa USA

You 'reproduce' the markings yourself you modeller you.

Kraus
Old 06-18-2003, 06:26 PM
lazyace
My Feedback: (126)

Default Balsa USA

hey you guys are missing the fun a g23 is the way to fly this pup very scale slow or fast
Old 06-19-2003, 10:43 AM
wagas

Default Balsa USA

Don't you mean G26.....He he....