Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

SavageX OR Warhead

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:29 PM
2fast2slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SavageX OR Warhead

Ok lets b serious everybody comparing the revo and the"x" is stupid They're 2 totally different trucks(2.5Vs 4.1)(19in.21in)So lets get down 2 a real comparison The "X"and warhead Their both made 4 racing And bashing.Both have big block engines.So which 1 is better The warhead or the 'X'.Im looking in racing trucks dis summer but i still bash on the side so which is the best all around
Old 02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: SavageX OR Warhead

Absolutely no question. Savage X, period.
Have you read all the crap that's going wrong with the Warhead?????
Everybody that's bought one is saying fix this and this and that and the other and you'll have a nice truck. Well maybe, only time will tell. Time has already told on the Savage. It's a good truck w/o having to fix all kinds of bs and wait a month or more on parts.
In my mind there's no question.
Savage X, period.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Longhair

The Savage X hasn't been out long enough for an honest opinion I think.

Who knows, maybe the Savage X will become known as the Warhead X with all the things that need to be fixed with it.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:46 AM
cavv123

As with any new MT model there is always going to be some weak parts/things that need to be addressed. I think once all these things are fixed we could then compare them side by side.
So far the warhead has a few clitches and weak parts. Besides a lot of people think that duratrax R/C's are not build well. which does not help the warhead
On the other hand, The line of Savage trucks have a reputation of a true basher that handles abuse very well.
Let time decide. Maybe talking about this in 6 months, after some serious spring/summer bashing, will give us a realistic idea.

Since you are looking for a MT for the summer you might just want to go with your gut instinct.

cavv123
Old 02-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Savage X is the 3rd generation of the Savage 21. HPI was not reinventing the wheel here, the were just evolving the Savage. HPI has worked out all of the bugs with this thing, there are unlimited upgrades, the thing is known to be the toughest MT out there, and you will be able to get new parts probably for another 5 years.

You are comparing a 3rd generation product to a first generation product, and it's just no comparison. Savage is the superior one. I would guess if the Warhead were on it's third generation, THEN it would be a comparison, otherwise it's Savage all of the way with no regrets.

I have seen a Savage first hand take abuse that made me cringe and just drive away.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:48 PM
jasplat88

Any guesses on top speed OTB on the Savage X?
Old 02-17-2006, 01:07 PM
ccs77

Savage X hands down.

Way down....

Like downtown....

It's a Savage 25 with easy maintenance diffs and tranny, LCG TVPs and a host of other imporvements. If you go to HPI's site and look up hop ups all the Savage 25 option parts fit it and vice versa. This is just HPI's 3rd or 4th rendition of the original Savy. Nothing to wait on here...it's the same Savy we all have grown to love with all the hop ups we wanted.

The Warhead is a POS. I have spent alot of time helping my buddy with his. He's had it for 2 months and run 5 tanks of gas through it. Took it to the track after fixing it this last time and he broke it the first lap...fixed it...broke it on the 2nd lap...then drove my back up truck the rest of the day no problems. My back up truck is a Savy 25...
Old 02-17-2006, 04:09 PM
coolpixer

...but Warhead is such a cool name
Old 02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
chopit73

I was going to buy a warhead, untill I was told That It would be a good Idea to wait untill it was out , and let all the bugs get worked out firest..
so I bout a 4.6 ss savage.. and can not be happyer.. i love it..
i have A freind up The rode from me , That Puchessed A warhead, and has nothing but trouble,,
just my to cents
Old 02-17-2006, 05:30 PM
J_ME65

I have a warhead now, and can't wait till the X gets here on Tuesday. The warhead WILL BE a great truck, once aftermarket parts start coming out. Right now it is a fun truck to drive, it just can't take any kind of beating yet. I like the truck, but I can't wait to get the X.