Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

New to Savage, any hint - tips???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
McFlyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to Savage, any hint - tips???

So any helpful tips for the build?? any real tricky bits?? Any thing you did that was better?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:30 PM
coloradokurtis

what would yall reccomend for good shock oils and spring combinations for racing on hard packed tracks with small jumps? thanx
Old 02-19-2006, 01:14 AM
C32AMG

the manual pics for clutch installation are really small. If you do a search on the forum under clutch you'll find better picstures.

I just finished my SS4.6 and have the Hitec 645 w/ 133oz @ 6v and [email protected]. I havent received my 6v battery yet. The servo cannot turn the wheels all the way w 107oz at least not stationary.
Old 02-19-2006, 01:30 AM
desertsavage46

well i just finsihed my build on my 4.6 just look at the maunel carefully dont build at 3 am when ur half asleep cause u put it together wrong or parts backwards and it will take u longer to build dont ask me howi know[:@] well the camber adjusters werea pain to put together and i found outthat the kit comes with 4 extra ones (non-adjustables) but it pretty much str8 forward all the diffs and the trans is factory built so is pretty easy have fun
Old 02-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: azzman

If you jam a pebble in a steel spur, there is ZERO "give", and you WILL bend or break something major
The pebble will just be crunched or spat out, it will NOT cause major component failure! Cmon, enough of the conspiracy theories!
WRONG.
I jammed a pebble in my Ofna MBX buggy which has a steel ring gear, and a hardened clutchbell. The jammed pebble violently locked my drivertain, and I sheared the rear dogbone right off. I have jammed pebbles on my Ofna GTP 2 speed which has plastic spurs, and all they will do is make a loud "skipping" and growling sound. So as for my "conspiracy theories" I am speaking from real EXPERIENCES, not B/S.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:30 AM
kurtf5

just because it happened once doesnt mean it will happen to everyone.
And whats with the "WRONG" like you know best about every possible thing that can happen to someones car.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:55 PM
azzman

I have stones jammed in my two speed plastic spurs...and its crunched them, and stuffed the damn plastic spurs...with two gears its much more likely that stuff will get jammed, Im just saying its not likely to happen and Ive never had it happen in the savage and I have been running steel gears since day one (about 9 months).
Old 02-19-2006, 01:00 PM
kurtf5

polar bus is just unlucky is all.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:59 AM
McFlyss

So no more hints or tips on the build?
Naturally i shall follow the manual to a T but just thought all you experiancd peeps out there might have done a few things different.

Cheers for all your help so far.