Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Parts compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 03:38 PM
cloud-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts compatibility

i'm new in this so forgive my ignorance
For example if i have an OS .12 CVR engine, and it has to be rebuilt. Certain parts have to be changed due to damage etc, must the replacement parts be from the same brand ? and not from HPI/ Tamiya etc.

oh and glow plugs too, for an OS engine must the glow plugs be OS brand too? will other brands work

thanks
Old 12-07-2002, 06:16 PM
dg2b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts compatibility

Piston, sleeve, conrod, wrist pins (or overhaul kits) don't have to be from the same company. Very while back when I have an OS CV, I used a Duratrax replacement as can be seen in http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWU86&P=7. Checking tower, I did not see one for the CVR. Check around.

As for the glow plug, the following is what I posted on another post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The following plugs are popular among rc'ers and racers alike. Adjust the plug heat according to weather. Would want to use colder plug in warmer condition.

OS #8
RB #4/5
McCoy MC 59
McCoy MC 9

Note that Dynamite have a plug called MC 59. My choice is McCoy brand.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~