Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:29 AM
ddubdb3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i do?

i have the original t-maxx with a 2.5 upgrade. i'm thinkin about selling it to get the new savage x. what should i do? the X seems like a great truck for its price. What do you guys like and dislike about the savage x?? thanks
Old 03-19-2006, 02:37 AM
Chronic

Default RE: what should i do?

Let's see here.....a Tmaxx or a Savage......hmmmmm......what forum is this again?
Old 03-19-2006, 02:47 AM
baldtrucker

Default RE: what should i do?

The Savage X is a great truck. I have both the savage x and the revo. I like the savage better. I like the way I can just jump the hell out of my savage. But there is a few bugs in the savage X. The first is the spur gear. From the factory the mesh is off causing the spur gear to strip out. The next bug is these pins and screws that fall out of the chassie. With mine I put locktight on the screws and it seems to be holding alright. I'll know for sure tomarrow. Then the gears on the roto start have been stripping out. Other then those bugs my savage seems to be bullit proof. I take it off some insane jumps and I get a lot of air with it and it seems to be holding up farly well. With my revo on the other hand anytime I get big air I break a motor mount, or my exaust pipe will come lost from the header and I'll have to bring her home.