Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Forum Settings???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Forum Settings???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Topgun2mo
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Settings???

Can anyone else see the pages that used to be under the titles of the threads? I no longer see them and have to get into the message and then click on the page I want. I didn't see anything in the forum settings that turn this feature on or off.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Default RE: Forum Settings???

gone for me also
Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I also asked this..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4085647/tm.htm
Old 03-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Topgun2mo
My Feedback: (45)

Well I hate it being missing. Much more of a pain on threads that are long
Old 03-27-2006, 02:28 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

i'm kind of having some issues myself with [Awaiting Approval]
Old 03-27-2006, 02:45 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

i'm having a few issues myself here, kinda glitchy
Old 03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

They are trying to clean up the look of the forum a bit, that's why the pages are gone. I personally like having the pages there myself, however, there are 2 other options still:

1. click the 'down arrow' to the left of the thread title to take you to the newest post since your last visit

2. click the "right arrow" on the far right side of the screen to go to the very last post of the thread.

Also check the thread posted above for more info http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4085647/tm.htm
Old 03-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

They are trying to clean up the look of the forum a bit, that's why the pages are gone. I personally like having the pages there myself, however, there are 2 other options still:

1. click the 'down arrow' to the left of the thread title to take you to the newest post since your last visit

2. click the "right arrow" on the far right side of the screen to go to the very last post of the thread.

I personally find the right arrow to be next to useless ... on a widescreen display, it's so darn far away from the thread title, that I end up pressing the arrow for the wrong thread - so I gave up using it.

Gordon
Old 03-27-2006, 03:12 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Gordon, I agree on the right arrow, I don't like the left arrow either.

I didn't know about the newest post since my last visit button, but I just tried it on the jet central Flea thread, and it takes me to literally the last post since my last visit, not since the last time I was in that thread. That is worthless to me because in this case I knew I hadn't read past page 1, but it took me about half way down page 3 to the newest post since my last visit. If it was the newest post since I was last in that thread that would be ok, but newest post since last visit doesn't do me any good. I can generally remember what page I left off on with a particular thread.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Richard-RCU
My Feedback: (21)

I guess I am lucky enough to have learned that sometimes the upgrades are not as good as the original...... A leason I learned the hard way from Mr. Gates at Microsoft....patience is a virtue when it comes to new programs. I almost downloaded the upgrade but thought better of it.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:17 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I commented it out to see if anyone would notice it was missing and if they other options available were suitable. I wanted to make sure the clutter was worth it if we left it on. Still gathering feedback including those in this thread.

I'm surprised people use those to travel to the interior pages instead of just using the options there for 1st, last and since last visit. If you can remember what page you need to get to in a 20 page thread that is impressive! all the stuff I read here I cannot keep track.

If mass consensus is that it is good I'll remove the comments and it will reappear automagically.