Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

RoboFlight?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

RoboFlight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:34 PM
jon kay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RoboFlight?

I have a program on my computer that records mouse movements and clicks in real time and then enables you to play back the sequence with one keystroke. Has anyone been able to record the transmitter stick movements? If so, theoretically you could interface with your sim and check out your own flying, or even better, sit your transmitter on the ground and let it fly your edge for you. LOL
Old 12-11-2002, 07:11 PM
noname-RCU

Default RoboFlight?

Hi!

I tried doing that a while ago .... it didn't work

The major problem is the wind is not constant and non-replicable so sooner or later the plane will loose its attitude and the rest of the computer-generated stick movements will result erroneous.

I am currently working on fixing the system by adding computer vision. The problem with computer vision is the FPS are very slow and that causes room for error because there are less corrections made throughout a flight so it makes the flight looks sloppy.

A good fix for this would be using AVCS gyros all around, but that would take the fun part of it plus it would increment the total plane weight.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:39 PM
3D_CAP232

Default RoboFlight?

Hi,
I'm currently working on a project that will measure the G force model aircraft are put through...something similar to what you guys has already come up because by using accelerometers (rather than gyros) you can gain attitude and positional information...we would of used this to provide full stats on what the aircraft was doing (i believe its called inertial navigation).
I'm not going that far with this project due to time/funding constraints but its worth a thought.
Happy roboflying!!