Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Best Motor for a Hellfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 04:36 AM
RatsAss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Motor for a Hellfire

I'm looking at a couple of engine options for my Hellfire, going for all out speed adn acceleration

RB Concept 928 or a Collari .32 what do you guys think is a good motor for this truck?? Feedback welcome
Old 04-06-2006, 02:27 PM
the dog

Default RE: Best Motor for a Hellfire

i was wondering about the same thing. i thought that my hellfire seemed to lack a top end. well i got it all tuned up good and still seemed to lack top end so i put different clutchbell in and holy crap that thing is fast.ive only got .5 gallons through it so it seemd to now just wake up. i put a 17tooth bell in and i cant tell you how fast it is on top. bottom is still really good, not to much difference than the 13t. i would try messing with the gearing first cause that k4.6 is a good motor.
it is so fast that the nubz i put on balloon constantly cause the tires are spinning so fast. id be curious to try a 15t. i bet thats the best of both worlds.
also the stock foams are miserably crappy, so i made custom very firm foams for it. that thing is like a road racer with my custom ties/foam setup. nubz are still good though.
if you do change motors post it so i can see how it works out.
Old 04-06-2006, 04:53 PM
RatsAss

where did you get the 17 tooth bell do you have the part number? what tooth is stock?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:16 PM
the dog

i actually took the bell off of my savage. i dont have a part # but if you look on hpis site you can look it up.
i also found out today that team associated bells will also work. the 13 t is stock.
are you runnin stock tires and foams?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:40 PM
RatsAss

yeah all stock, I know a guy who does modified RB 728 motors and they rip I' swaying towards an RB with a 7t gear