Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how to make my overdrive st into 2wd

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 02:08 PM
isaacson06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to make my overdrive st into 2wd

i want to make my overdrive st into 2 wheel drive and i want to liten it
Old 06-15-2003, 01:34 AM
gmac4826

just take out the belt or shaft driving the front wheels and the components with it. this will make it lighter already. and to make anything lighter drill holes for a cheap fix, even in your wheels. if you dont want to do this there should be hop up parts avalible to make things lighter. and take out any unnecisary part. if it doesnt make the car go turn or stop, take it out.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:21 AM
Dadams2205-RCU

Don't drill holes in parts just to make it lighter.. That wouldn't do anything for your performance and it would bring down the durability. GMac the company puts all the parts on for a reason, lol, leave all the parts on.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:54 PM
gmac4826

my rs4 comes with the reciever cover and other stuff like that that i dont need. without that unnecesary plastic it makes that car much more lighter. it is there for a reason but there are better ways to do it. i have also never had probs drillin holes in stuff. im jus sayin wut works 4 me and i figure if u do the same thing for 7 years and it has worked.
Old 06-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Dadams2205-RCU

whatever you say man. Not only will drilling holes in your plastic parts make it look bad, it will weaken the parts, but do what you want it's your car.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

basically just take out your entire front diff, drive axels and anything that pertains to make the front wheels go. drilling holes is a bad thing and it will either weaken or creat flex which is bad for handling. if you have any aluminum upgrades go back to plastic it lighter. run without the body if you do run withough the body take out anything holding the body up. graphite, carbon fiber, and plastic are your friends in this case
Old 06-21-2003, 11:45 PM
gmac4826

i drilled holes in my car quite a few years ago when there wernt any hop ups for lighter parts. right now there are quite a few lightweight hop ups and drilling holes would be stupid (although i fail to have any flex and the holes are in such a place where it doesnt weaken at all). also, shadow
Originally posted by Dadams2205
the company puts all the parts on for a reason, lol, leave all the parts on.
the body is there to protect the car and its 100's of dollars in parts. taking it off would indeed make it lighter though. however it doesnt matter how light your car is if all the parts are broken.
Old 06-22-2003, 12:40 AM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

o i know but i am saying if you rly want to lighten things up take the body off...shoulda put in there to keep the rubber side down at the same time. i mean even though it is no comparison if any of you has a micro sizer rc car or some version of it run it with the body...then take the body off the thing moves ten times faster
Old 06-22-2003, 11:35 AM
gmac4826

I was just pointing out that for everything he does to lighten the car up there will be a downside. For taking the body off it makes the car go faster but the downside is no protection. It depends on how fast you really want to go.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:18 PM
XmodPro

Default RE: how to make my overdrive st into 2wd

dont do anything to you damn car dude..[:@] why would you want your car 2wd in the first place...are you stupid? thats why its called an overdrive st not an underdrive..so stfu ..stop whining and leave it the way it is..that simple
Old 04-08-2006, 09:14 PM

Default RE: how to make my overdrive st into 2wd

yes that is what i would have said.....lol...