Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Wrecked shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Sjokoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrecked shocks

I just bought the Aluminium threaded shock set from HPI as an upgrade for my Savage SS 4.6. I bought them since i broke one of the rods in the front left shock after i hit a pole pretty hard so i thought i might as well upgrade them anyway.

The problem now is that after i put the new shocks in i was out driving for the first time this season so i was just driving "nice" and safe and tuning the engine. After that i went offroad a little and a few jumps (3 jumps. 3 perfect landings). Nothing wild or insane. But at the end when i was about to go home i realised that the rod was broken. (exactly in the same way as the old). At that point i had only owned the new shocks for about 24 hours and only been driving with them for around 2 hours max. The old shocks i had for quite a long time before i crashed into the lighting pole because of a driver error

So i got 2 questions for u:

1. Can i expect to get a replacement part for free because of the "faulty" part?

2. Is the rod and spring (i have no idea where the spring went hehe) in the alu shocks the same as in the old stock shocks so i can just replace the parts?

Thank you
Old 04-09-2006, 09:33 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Wrecked shocks

the parts are the same between the aluminum and plastic shocks-aside from the bodies, naturally. as for HPI replacing the parts, the only way to find out is to ask 'em
Old 04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Sjokoz

Default RE: Wrecked shocks

Okay thanks. I figured out the springs was the same since they say on HPI's HP they use the hard SS springs for the Alu shocks but was unsure about the metal rod in it. Was hoping on it cause then i have 7 spare ones [8D]