Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull Model Products

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull Model Products

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 10:26 PM
DLT
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Model Products

Anyone ever heard of this company? I just visited www.cedarparkhobbies .com and they had a pretty good looking 60 size Edge 540 but they didn't give any details on the plane. I thought I had heard of every company but this one I have not. Thanks
Old 12-13-2002, 02:50 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is my understanding Horizon Hobby will be distributing them - you might want to check out their web site for any info....

Jerry
Old 12-13-2002, 03:19 PM
adrian-RCU

we fly several seagull models ,made in Vietnam, nice quality and getting better and better, yes they have a new range and this includes edge540 in 60/90and 120 size . i have seen them all fly have a 90 size, marvelous plane, big control services for 3d. we make small improvements and strengthen some things but this we do on all the planes we build, my dad says prevention is better than crash. lots of info on UK sites and mag's. some info on seagull AUS site, use web-ferret to guide you .
Old 12-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Harry Landings
My Feedback: (8)

If you click on the name of the plane then click on the Tech/Spec tab you can get more info right there on the cedarparkhobbies web site. Their phone number is on their home page. Call them and ask for Dan. He is a very savvy flier. I live in Cedar Park and do business with them regularly. They are very reliable.
Old 01-16-2003, 08:52 PM
klink987

I just got my 60 size Edge 540 int0 the air. It's very stunt worthy, but not very stall worthy. You can do what you want with aileron throws but keep the elevator throw where they say as it is easy to go into a high speed stall. You need to land fast also, I guess this is because of the wing configuration. I have an O.S. FX 91 in mine and it has awesome power for vertical climbs and hovers at about half throttle. the engine fits completely in the cowl and looks beautiful on the ground as well as in the air.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:31 PM
firefighter

it will hover at half throttle on a 91 fx...owow, what is your dry weight? (the edge 540, not "your" actual weight)
Old 01-16-2003, 11:50 PM
klink987

My dry wight is currently 245lbs but I'm not sure that counts since I'm mostly water, (sorry I couldn't help it). My plane's dry weight is 8lbs 1oz according to cheap digital fish scale that I stole from work and they bought at Wal-Mart.