Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

fuel Choose

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Drag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel Choose

Can I use 15 % Omega fuel in my new Jato Truck ? That is what I use in my planes

Thanks
Drag
Old 04-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Philster

Default RE: fuel Choose

If Omega is for planes, don't use it in the truck.

Nitro trucks and cars have special needs. The on/off throttle and up/down RPMs, along with the higher temps and reduced airflow over the egine require fuel designed and blended for use in cars/trucks.

Sometimes excessive oil or different types of oil can cause terribble tuning issues in surface vehicles that have to go through a wide range of throttle settings. Further, the heat and stress on-road and off-road require fuel formulated for such use.

Old 04-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Drag

Ok Thank you that is what I need to know.

Thanks

Drag
Old 04-12-2006, 03:36 PM
speedracer1129

if you can, try Maxy's! it is really good!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:11 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are many opinions out there on what fuel to use. I use Klotz 15% blend. This is boat fuel and it contains 20% oil. I have done a comparison test in another post and found out proper race fuel gave a small gain in top speed along with crisp acceleration. Tuning the engine really did not seem to get more difficult.

My plane engines run just as hot as my car/buggy engines. A plane engine has a much smaller cooling head to compensate for the large amount of air flow. Also the plane fuel I use contains only 16%.

Ryan
Old 04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
CaNaDiAnRaCeR

Does anyone use Sidewinder? I always use Sidewinder Race blend 20/12 and it seems to work very well. It has a built-in after run oil and it never gums up my engines. I opened up one of my engines thats been running on Sidewinder for 3 years and it looks brand new. They recently came out with a new "World's Blend" thats 30/11 and is the only multi-viscosity R/C car fuel. Is there anyone who has tried this new blend?