Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

whats a good engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 09:37 AM
buddhaman20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a good engine

i have a savage x i was thinking on upgradeing engine can someone tell me a good engine to get an were can i get one at.. right now i really have a stock x i just put on a set of integy msr4 shock set with piggyback an they are worth all that money so if any body could tell me of any other hop ups it would be cool thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 AM
bhinton

Default RE: whats a good engine

I would go with the os 30 it has more power then u will need in the truck and it holds a tune very well they make a drop in kick for the savage that the roto start works. You can get one at tower hobbies or maybe even your local hobby store. I have one in my truck I race and bash The only problem I have had is blowing the diff you will want to get the 4 gear setup.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:56 PM
tmodlin

Default RE: whats a good engine

SEARCH

You could even look on the page of recent posts and see more than one thread about this topic. Look into things like XTM 24.7PRO, SH28, STS28, Mach 26, Sportwerks 26, OS 30, Surefire, etc...

Here is a helpful link that was written by one of the more knowledgable fellas on the forum., http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_36...tm.htm#3672891

Asking questions that are asked multiple times per day will yield you very few results. People dont feel like answering the same questions over and over so they just look past the threads like "Which Engine to Get", "How do I wheelie" "Savage or Revo" etc...

Good luck on finding an engine, there are many good ones out there. If you have specific questions about an engine type the name in the search box so that is searches the HPI forum and I guarantee you will get good results.

Sorry if I sound crabby or anything, i'm not. I just dont know how to show happy expression on the internet. Here I will throw in one of these.