Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

newbie wants to get a new radio, need help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

newbie wants to get a new radio, need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 10:28 PM
porsche996

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie wants to get a new radio, need help

hey people! I have a cen ct5 with a venom failsafe. i have to keep dealing with it locking the brakes everytime i get a certain distance away and its not even far. I have fresh batteries on the stock receiver and the stock radio. I don't do any racing or anything, i just like to play on the neighborhood roads and vacant parking lots. i want something simple and easy to use, and has a very long range.

I know nothing about shopping for radios besides airtronics and jr are good brand names. So what do i get? thanks in advance for your responses.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:41 AM
JRexA

Default RE: newbie wants to get a new radio, need help

The Spektrum DX3 has a decent reputation, and is a 2.4ghz system, that has a very long range and automatically finds a free channel of the 70something in the 2.4ghz band.

If you only need 2 channels, and want a cheaper setup, then they have the DX2 with only 2 channels and less(no??) model memory.

If you want to go full tilt in features, then look at the Nomadio Sensor.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:37 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Buy a Spektrum DX2 or DX3 don't waste cash on a Nomad radio they are overpriced and perform no better than the Spektrum's.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:15 PM
porsche996

what are full tilt in features?
Old 04-28-2006, 12:02 AM
PoweredByNitro

he's just saying it has a bunch of features that you may not even use. You can get the DX3 for a pretty good price and you get an extra Receiver also for around $250. I'm getting rid of my brand new JR XS3 kit for one.