Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spektrum for Large scale

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 05:59 PM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum for Large scale

I am in the market for a new radio. I'm really leaning towards the spektrum Dx2 or Dx3. Price is right, nice features,etc. The only thing is, I keep reading about how many people are having problems with these. Are there that many defective radios out there? Or is this radio junk? Would these be ideal for gassers? Because I also read that the spark plug causes interference? I dont need my 30 pound beast plowing into things. Please would someone enlighten me.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
JRexA

Default RE: Spektrum for Large scale

One of the great advantages of using a 2.4ghz system with large scale is interference.

Even a very noisy Ignition rarely produces radio noise above 800 Mhz.
That makes the 2.4Ghz systems virtually Immune to ignition generated noise.

I don't have any experience with the Spektrum, but I love my 4 channel Nomadio Sensor System.

I have once been out and running when some young kid came with his Moped.
He was running with the Ignition lead directly attached to the plug, without a Plug Cap of any type,
My friend with his Hitec Agressor FM was unable to run, when that moped was less than 150 meters away.

I was running fine, when it was 1 meter away...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:20 PM
pokaplaya22
My Feedback: (22)

Thx for the feedback JREX, I just gotta decide between the dx2 or 3.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:16 AM
JRexA

Go for the DX3, you might not need the 3'rd channel today, but if you get the need, then you will be ready for that.

For instance, the 3'rd channel could be used for a remotely controlled Engine Kill Switch.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

I run Spektrum equipment on all my cars big and small . No problems at all. The only time you might have any radio problems if you let the batteries go too low . As long as you keep the batteries charged , you will be ok.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Problem is non of the DX series have the proper mixing or 4chs to get the most out of your Large Sace car. We had Hessle Roskam, Markus Feldmann and Eric Poholsky design the advanced brake mixing for the Nomadio Sensor besides we are 100Hz frame rate they are 50Hz. In large scale cars you can use all 4chs mixed with the Nomadio.

Oh and now the Nomadio Sensor can talk to the other 2.4 GHz receivers in Da Slow Mode we drop from 100Hz to 50Hz and poof bind up! Download the program for free.

Nomadio PC Simulator.

This is a PC application which lets you
run the Sensor software right on your PC. You
can see what the screens look like, go through
the menus, set settings, etc.

For those of you who
have been sitting on the fence wondering
what the fuss is about, here's your chance
to try out easiest to setup radio system
in the world from the comfort of your own
computer:

http://nomadio.net/demo/NomadioSensorDemo.exe
Old 05-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Philster

Some Spektrums shipped with the antenna wire not soldered, but that has been corrected as far as I know.

The people who complained the loudest didn't read the bind/failsafe set up, which most 7 years olds can perform. If the radio is lost by the transmitter, the failsafe settings you set during synch up (binding) are invoked. So, if you got an older bum rcvr and didn't set the failsafe, you hurt yourself.

Spektrum is a good, solid platform and will not glitch from metal to metal contact/movement, ignition, graphite, carbon fiber, etc. No channels, no conflicts....ever, unless you know 79 people running Spektrums at once.

To me, it is a nice package for the price, but "Mr Nonadio Sales" will, of course, push his radio until your ears bleed.

Old 05-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Nomadio_Sales

Well if you like having 10mW output rather then 100mW and 50Hz frame rate rather then 100Hz and not having all the brake mixing for racing 1:5 scale or be able to upgrade your radio over the net for free then cool for $399 you get more and you get built in telem. No more ear bending.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:03 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

Well if you like having 10mW output rather then 100mW and 50Hz frame rate rather then 100Hz and not having all the brake mixing for racing 1:5 scale or be able to upgrade your radio over the net for free then cool for $399 you get more and you get built in telem. No more ear bending.

Bumping threads so Nomadio is on top whats that? Sheesh....ashame you don't support the problems with the radio as much as you freaking plug it!!! You and JRexA have 1 answer to everything...Nomadio....I got a hint for you what makes people buy products...NOT FORCING THEM DOWN OUR THROATS It's sickening how much the plugging is going on...How much discount you giving for the plugs?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:03 AM
flynvy5
My Feedback: (2)

this may be bogus and if so sorry but isn't the nomadio technally a 2.4GHz DSM radio and i'm not looking for the sales answer i'm looking for the tech support answer
Old 05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Nomadio_Sales

Why must you Hijack threads?
Companies will refrain from posting in threads of their competitors where the subject contains another companies name or product in it.
You break the RCU Rules all the time...are sales that bad you must drive us nuts with your overpriced pathetic radio?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Nomadio_Sales

I can sum it up easy,

100mW output power for Nomadio with 100Hz frame rate and full data protection

Spek has 10mW with 50Hz frame rate and little data protection

You have a 30 pound car that can go 60 HPH which sounds safer to you?