Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

radio defaults

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
rg3272

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio defaults

[:@] I have recently purchased a master vh-x5 for my son and I to start off in the nitro hobby, well we had it running fairly well until I decided to start messing with the carb and the radio trim knobs ( there are 4 in a little cover 2 for steering 2for brake/gas) any way now I cant get it to start and when I pull the starting cord the back wheels move. I am wondering if there are some default settings for the knobs and I know I can go back to the default on the knob on the top of the carb but what about the little screw under the air filter someone please help
Old 05-11-2006, 02:10 PM
tadracket
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: radio defaults

When your throttle is at idle, you should se a small gap (about 1 mil on my engines) at the throttle barrel. If it is closed off, it will not start. You can adjust this with the trim. There is not default because every radio is different to every car due to servo throws, linkage lenghts, etc. If you hold the throttle open a little, can you get it to run? Don't worry if the back wheels movin a little you pull the starter cord. Now if you can't hold the wheels still when you pull the cord, you make have melted the clutches to the bell. I did my Kyosho nitro atv like that once.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:04 PM
rg3272

hey thanks alot I hope you dont mind but I may be bugging you in the future
Old 05-11-2006, 03:31 PM
tadracket
My Feedback: (1)

I try to browse the boards 3 or 4 times a weeks but I am a help desk operator and PC tech so I am often busy or out. I am rarely on at home (2 kids + wife) so don't feel alienated if you message me and I don't get back with you right away. I will help what I can, when I can
You can also email me at [email protected]