Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Hitec Srx VS Futaba 3PJ VS Hitec Lynx 3D

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hitec SRX
50.00%
Futaba 3PJ
28.57%
Hitec Lynx 3D
21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Hitec Srx VS Futaba 3PJ VS Hitec Lynx 3D

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Flyojumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Srx VS Futaba 3PJ VS Hitec Lynx 3D

Out of those three radios, why one do you think is the overall best? (features, radio range, reliability, ergonomics, etc...)
I was looking at affordable module based FM radios (on ebay) that could later be upgraded to spektrum if the need arise.
Don't forget to give reasons for your choice, or even suggest another radio if it's module based and relatively cheap.
Thanks!
Old 05-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

Default RE: Hitec Srx VS Futaba 3PJ VS Hitec Lynx

Out of your choices I pick the SRX . A good radio with plenty of features and at a good price . I would remove the Lynx from your list as they do not make the radio any more . When Spektrum fist came out I was going to get the SRX and put a module in it . But then I picked up a KO Propo radio cheap and did that .
Old 05-13-2006, 03:04 PM
-Inverted-

No contest, SRX no doubt.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Flyojumper

I was looking at ebay for best prices, and the Lynx is still available on ebay.
What's a KO propo radio? Is it module based? (I would guess yes based on your comments) What's the price/features?
BTW, what would you say the SRX has over the futaba 3PJ (or even the lynx) for you to recommend it over it?
Anyone knows the power output on those radios?
Old 05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
-Inverted-

The SRX has the option to be synthesized or run on spektrum, it has tons of features, and feels better IMO then any of the others, I dont know much about the other radios you listed though. Im about to buy a SRX for myself, they are great radios. A co-worker at the LHS has one and its great.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Dawman

ORIGINAL: Flyojumper

I was looking at ebay for best prices, and the Lynx is still available on ebay.
What's a KO propo radio? Is it module based? (I would guess yes based on your comments) What's the price/features?
BTW, what would you say the SRX has over the futaba 3PJ (or even the lynx) for you to recommend it over it?
Anyone knows the power output on those radios?
The Lynx is not a module based radio and seem to be cheap .The Lynx 3D is module based but I had one and didn`t like the radio at all . Weird feel and it`s reversable to be left handed which made the top loose and top heavy . I`m not a Futaba fan so I couldn`t tell you about the 3PJ . A Ko Propo radio is a lot more $ than a SRX unless you find one cheap on ebay . Best bang for the buck SRX all the way !
Old 05-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Flyojumper

Actually yes, sorry I meant the Lynx 3D, I updated the poll to reflect that.
I just downloaded the respective manuals of the SRX and the 3PJ and I must say that after reading the manuals, the number of features/functions is not even close, the 3PJ (and 3PJS) offer a ton more than the SRX, the LCD seems more detailed and offers more info on the 3PJ too.

For those interested:
SRX manual:
http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/Manu...AL%20FINAL.pdf
3PJ manual:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/3pjs-manual.pdf

Dawnman, thanks for the comment on the ergonomics, I must say that it was a concern of mine after seeing pics of the Lynx 3D, it does look a little awkward...
I'm still open to comments on everything (range/power output, user experience, etc...) on those 3 radios, so keep the voting and comments coming guys!
Old 05-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Dawman

Default RE: Hitec Srx VS Futaba 3PJ VS Hitec Lynx 3D

Both the Lynx 3D and 3PJ are discontinued radios . The SRX is a current radio . Unless you plan to buy a used radio stick with something current in the making .
Old 05-14-2006, 11:46 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Hitec Srx VS Futaba 3PJ VS Hitec Lynx 3D

Heres Misbehavin's review on the CRX, it is very similar to the SRX, but has a few more features. [link=http://www.misbehavin-rc.com/reviews/hitec/aggressor-crx/radio.asp]LINK[/link]